Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   You must read this...it really happened to me. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-must-read-really-happened-me-t65171.html)

grammyp 09-17-2010 07:07 AM

That so sounds like some of our days.

thequilterslink 09-17-2010 08:20 AM

LOL, those stories sound so familiar :)

kat112000 09-17-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
LOL----I know what you mean, my dh is always spending dollars to save cents. DH is so tight that his eyelids squeak when he blinks and we won't even talk about what happens when he yawns!!!

OMG, his eylids squeak!!!! I am glad I wasn't drinking my water when reading that one!!! I am going to steal that saying for sure!!!!

amma 09-17-2010 08:39 AM

A very familiar story, I applaud your performance :D:D:D

Ditter43 09-17-2010 08:59 AM

Men, gotta love them.... :lol: :lol:

dsb38327 09-17-2010 09:03 AM

I am soooooo understanding and am sooooo proud of you for not laughing until he left for work. I don't know how you kept your composure. Strong lady. Yes, their reasoning is much different than ours. So is their logic. Possibly, if you had been in the yard, it would have been your fault the pipe bounced. Gotta love them....

amandasgramma 09-17-2010 09:05 AM

Did you calculate in how much it would have cost to have the stuff hauled off?????? Should figure that in!

LOL --I love the line, too, about eyelids squeak. My late DH used to say that...but the added part about yawning had me laughing!

Yes - you deserve an Oscar!

quilter41 09-17-2010 09:20 AM

My DH did the same thing only he was loading wood for the stove. Good thing was our insurance paid the bill

littlehud 09-17-2010 01:59 PM

I'm proud of you. I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face.

justwannaquilt 09-17-2010 02:23 PM

Oh this sounds like a normal day around my house.

We NEED a fence, we have two dogs and three kids, we NEED a fence. I mentioned getting a FREE QUOTE to my husband, he refused and decides that he is going to put up a chain link. Well I should say WE are going to put up a chain link fence. he spends FIVE days digging the holes, he dug about a 1/3 of the holes skipped a day because of pain dug another 1/3 of them, then skipped a day cause of pain, then finally finshed them off. lol Then we spend a couple days setting poles. I mixed concrete and leveled the post. then we started stretching the fence. He stretched one side so far that it pulled the pole out of the ground on the other side. WAY TO GO JA! So I dig it out, fix it, get it back in the ground. That side of the fence is still laying on the ground (THREE weeks later). Not only did he make this mistake ONCE but he made it TWICE! There is still another pole that needs to be ripped out and put back in STRAIGHT! he made the comment the other day...Why didn't WE just have someone come in and do this.... I said EXCUSE me! I offered to get a quote but you refused (Well that was the short version of what I said). His blood pressure went up! the fence hasn't been touched since then! 1500 dollars worth of fence materail back there and I am still taking the dogs out on freaking leashes! I love the JA though! lol