Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Zuchinni (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/zuchinni-t61825.html)

raptureready 08-28-2010 06:58 AM

Is anyone else spending their day freezing zuchinni? I started cleaning, grating and freezing it this morning and DD decided that hand grating it looked like fun. She's done most of it. Isn't youth grand?

bkb 08-28-2010 07:09 AM

I need to start my pears...without help....sigh.

icon17 08-28-2010 07:48 AM

just want to share this with you.
Once my inlaw & I had so many zuchinni they got to big :!: :!: SO I took them and some boxes made bibs, hats, little blankets- notes " please take care of junior" put them on door steps :-D

Chasing Hawk 08-28-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by icon17
Once my inlaw & I had so many zuchinni they got to big :!: :!: SO I took them and some boxes made bibs, hats, little blankets- notes " please take care of junior" put them on door steps :-D

LOL

mrspete 08-28-2010 08:01 AM

That is funny. I found one once that I'd over looked. He was lying by the fence with lots of growth over it and I honestly thought a bird and deposited a watermelon seed there. Big enough for his own zip code, probably.

Blessings,
Ruth

raptureready 08-28-2010 08:32 AM

We live in a very small town (around 1100) and years ago I remember that everyone started locking their cars at church (this was before anyone ever locked cars anywhere) because people were leaving their excess squash in other peoples cars. Even the pastor asked people to stop sharing the blessings because there was just too many. LOL I remember mom fixing breads, cookies, cakes, muffins, and anything else she could think of with zuchinni. She even floured and fried it, sauted it with apples, baked it with a little brown sugar on top, etc. It's been years since I've even wanted any.

We have 7 bags in the freezer now and Sis said she would bring me some more.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-28-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by icon17

LOL Great Idea !! :lol: :lol:

BIL's go from 5 to huge overnight and are still tender, this time of the year we all enjoy and enjoy and enjoy and :mrgreen:

Olivia's Grammy 08-28-2010 10:46 AM

We didn't plant zuchinni this year. Actually DH downsized the garden quite a bit. We give all our extra to Olivia's parents so they can make her baby food. Going to see my little one tomorrow.

dellareya 08-28-2010 12:37 PM

Did you know there is real day called "Leave A Zucchini on Your Neighbors Porch Day"

My daughter is going crazy with all the canning from her garden. :lol:

texas granny 08-28-2010 12:38 PM

food processer is what I would do. it would be faster