Privacy

Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 AM

Default Privacy

It pays to read the new "privacy" policy. It is in a link at the bottom of the page. An excerpt: If you prefer for us not to provide your name and email or postal address to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at [email protected]. I don't want to give them even more private info by emailing them.

As soon as I figure out how, I will delete my account here. Just walking away leaves all my data for them to exploit.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 AM

thanks for the info..
Old 11-04-2011, 08:19 AM

I don't post anything here that is so sensative that I would really care if anyone sees. As for sharing my address etc that is no more than any online retailer or other will do .... all those catalogs that come in the mail that you wonder how you got them... many retailers share/sell their mailing lists . You can be sure if you subscribe to a magazine .... they have sold your info.
I fully understand that free comes with some strings.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 AM

, your right Lori, my computer was all clogged up,running really slow,a few years ago. took it to a repair guy and he told me,every site i visit, leaves a piece of itself on your computer..i used to go and run free computer checks and free virus, so "free" is never free. he cleaned her up and she ran like brand new...what i post here or on facebook will never be anything i could share with family or friends..
Old 11-04-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by VaNella View Post
It pays to read the new "privacy" policy. It is in a link at the bottom of the page. An excerpt: If you prefer for us not to provide your name and email or postal address to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at [email protected]. I don't want to give them even more private info by emailing them.

As soon as I figure out how, I will delete my account here. Just walking away leaves all my data for them to exploit.
That policy is not new and deleting your account, which I do not believe can be done in the first place, does not remove any of your information from the archives. Read the Terms of Service...that's not new either, btw.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 AM

Anything you put anywhere on a computer can be found and read. So if you don't want it out there don't put it on the computer.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:02 AM

I use a junk email address for everything but family.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM

However, you can create another e-mail account and use that sole for QB and any advertising or information stuff. That way you can wait and see if it is really a problem.

I imagine the QB needs some sort of advertising just to pay for itself so we can still have our fun and support.

ali
Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by VaNella

As soon as I figure out how, I will delete my account here. Just walking away leaves all my data for them to exploit."

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
That policy is not new and deleting your account, which I do not believe can be done in the first place, does not remove any of your information from the archives. Read the Terms of Service...that's not new either, btw.
It's true, you cannot delete your account. However, if you wish to use another email for the QB, you can do that in your Settings/ Edit Profile. The top blue box allows you to go in and change your email contact. The Privacy Policy here, as has been said, is pretty much the same as on any website that you join.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM

I have one email address I give out for mailing, internet, stores, newsletters, etc and I have another one for family and business related stuff. That way I don't have to sort through 100+ emails everyday.

On another note deleting your account on here does not necessarily mean that everything you posted is deleted, it means they de-activate your userid and login information. If you've got blogs, PM's etc on here you might want to drop a note to the Mod's if you want them to ensure everything is erased.