Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Project break time!!

I have a fabric pumpkin 'panel' that you cut the pumpkin out, make the quilt sandwich, turn and hand tie here and there and then the instructions says take a wire hanger and bend and shape to back and then sew that hanger to the back and you can hang this pumpkin on your door! Can you picture that?

BUT, I did not want that!! I thought I would cut a lot of 2 1/2 " patches and do a patchwork 'border" and baste that to the pumpkin panel fabric - like the pumpkin was the center medallion.

WELL, after a couple rows pinned and sewn and moved around, I decide I am going to cut the durn pumpkin out of it's panel and applique that blessed pumpkin to the patchwork!

SO, I have to add some more fabric here and there and rip some seams here and there. But I am getting it done! It will look pretty durn nice, even if I am the only one that thinks so.

BUT all thru this, I have had to take several breaks and this is where I spend that time!! I will post a pic when I get the thing done, if I can still stand it . . . .

Anxious to see it.

Can't wait to see how it turns out for you. Be sure to post a picture for all of us. :)

sorry but laughing at your story - anxious to see how it gets completed!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had one of those...wasn't much fun to make, but yours sounds like it will be great when you get it done! be sure to post a pix of it on the door!

Is this the adorable pumpkin patch project with the happy pumpkin in a hat? If so, can I buy the a pattern from you?

Blog Entries
    can't wait to see it and how it comes out.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Wish you had posted a photo!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I did make one of these a long time ago and still have it and it worked fine, hanger and all. It is with my Halloween items put away or I would show you. Please show us a picture when you are done. I want to see what I could have done.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.