PSA -- HOOF

Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 PM

LOL -- gotcha . This is my PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT......I recently bought a fingernail "polish", called HOOF. I believe I got it at Walmart, but not sure. It's a clear base.....and it's WOnDERFUL!!!! I've always had trouble with peeling, breaking, UGLY nails. Finally gave up years ago and started wearing fake nails. Once I retired, I said to heck with it and quit wearing them. Found this HOOF and WOW! My nails are as long as the fake ones and as HARD as acrylic! My nails don't feel "heavy" or like I have anything on them, either! Tonight, I actually polished my nails!!! WOW! So, this PSA is my gift to you all!!!!! :-P
Old 11-26-2010, 07:40 PM

Thanks, I'm going to try it. Mine are sometimes soft and tear or break so easily.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:44 PM

I'll have to look for that. I've been using something by Nutra Nail that has kevlar. It's a clear polish and helps keep my nails from splitting. It also wears well. Is the HOOF a polish or a nail strengthener?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the PSA :D:D:D
Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I'll have to look for that. I've been using something by Nutra Nail that has kevlar. It's a clear polish and helps keep my nails from splitting. It also wears well. Is the HOOF a polish or a nail strengthener?
It says "HOOF", naturally strong, bamboo strengthening treatment
Old 11-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

thanks, i'll try to find some. mine are drying out so much they are always needing filing. drives me nuts.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
LOL -- gotcha . This is my PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT......I recently bought a fingernail "polish", called HOOF. I believe I got it at Walmart, but not sure. It's a clear base.....and it's WOnDERFUL!!!! I've always had trouble with peeling, breaking, UGLY nails. Finally gave up years ago and started wearing fake nails. Once I retired, I said to heck with it and quit wearing them. Found this HOOF and WOW! My nails are as long as the fake ones and as HARD as acrylic! My nails don't feel "heavy" or like I have anything on them, either! Tonight, I actually polished my nails!!! WOW! So, this PSA is my gift to you all!!!!! :-P
Thanks...next time I go shopping, I'm gonna have to get some. My job is rough on nails and they are always breaking.
:( .
Old 11-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Google Goddess

thanks, wow, I want to try to find some also
Old 11-27-2010, 03:12 AM

OH me too. My nails are so thin they chip and break just touching them too hard. Hoof here I come. Thanks for the PSA.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:43 AM

Thank You so much for this tip. :thumbup: I will be going to find this real soon! I have 3 nails that start bending downward on the corners after they barely get out over the tip of my fingers. Do any of you know what causes this? And what can be done about it?