Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Punch needle stocking ornaments

Banned

Punch needle stocking ornaments

I have been making these for years now and seems the punch needle has caught the attention of others so I thopught I"d post them again...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Love those! Gotta get pics to my DD to encourage her to get out her punching equipment!

They are adorable! I bought a punch needle set many years ago from a lady named Gail Bird at the Kutztown Fair in PA. It looked so easy, but never tried it. After seeing the items on the Board maybe I'll give it a try this summer.

These are absolutely adorable. Wherever did you find a pattern for something like these. Every pattern I have seen is very small pictures.
    What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltin chris View Post
    These are absolutely adorable. Wherever did you find a pattern for something like these. Every pattern I have seen is very small pictures.
    I just draw my patterns myself

Having never used my punchneedle kit- do you draw multiple designs on the base fabric, then hoop it? What thread/yarn do you find fill the sections nicely? Thank you very much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    Having never used my punchneedle kit- do you draw multiple designs on the base fabric, then hoop it? What thread/yarn do you find fill the sections nicely? Thank you very much.
    I use a small hoop and do one at a time..you need to keep the fabric very tight so one at a time is best..I use regular embroidery floss and prefer single strand..it is like paint by number..you just fill in each area with the color you need..with stitches very close together..