QBs meet in the foothills

Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Last Saturday, Debbie Rogers(D Rogers222) and I met for the first time while she was in town visiting her daughter. We went to the library and had show and tell for about an hour and got to know each other. She had her DD and precious little 3 yo DGD Sadie with her. Sadie loved each of the quilts, ran to the middle of them and lay down with a big smile on each one we displayed. Other library patrons stopped by and shared the beauty with us.

Afterward, we went to lunch for pizza, and finally sweet Sadie fell asleep in grandma's arms just after we had our picture taken. We're looking forward to catching up again soon as she visits the area at least every few weeks. We'd love to instigate a gathering of other local QBs later in the spring; anyone up for it?

Jan in VA

Debbie-left/Jan-right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141077[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141072.jpe  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 PM

It was so nice to meet Jan - its such a small world sometimes. The "Foothills of the blue ridge mountains" could be anywhere in about 5 or 6 states I think and it turns out she lives a couple miles from my daughter. AND she is just as sweet as she seems. My daughter and granddaughter enjoyed her company as well, although I think Nicole got a little bored with the quilting talk - she hasn't been bitten by the quilting bug yet. Maybe someday, lol. I look forward to getting together with you again soon, Jan and would love to meet others in the area as well someday.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM

That's neat, that yall got to meet up. I live in East Texas, about 50 miles from Dallas, and don't have a local guild. But I have a lot of internet friends that are my "guilds". On the Delphi Quilting Bee there are several of us who live generally in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so we get together periodically to sew. Saturday we're meeting at Denny's and going to the Dallas Quilt Show.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

oh how fun so nice to met chatters
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 AM

That's my daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughter meeting with Jan. I wish I could have joined them. I'm so pleased they got to meet each other. Sounds like they had a great time sharing quilts and having lunch.