QNN.TV question

Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 AM

Default QNN.TV question

Does anybody out there belong to this? I am not exactly sure what it is or how it works. Can somebody "splain" it to me! pro's con's ??? They are advertising only $12.00 for the year... Seems to me it was twice that awhile back... thanks in advance!!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Not all sure what is offered. I never joined. Fabric cost enough!!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 AM

I belong to QNN.TV, have a one year membership. Don't like it though. Every single time I watch a show I have problems with the feed. About 1/3 through the feed the picture and audio freeze and I cannot unfreeze it. This has happened many times. I have no problems with the classes I watch from Craftsy, but QNN.TV is miserable for me. I will not renew.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 AM

I got a one year subscription to QNN.TV when it was on sale for $12 earlier this year. I agree with Nyelphaba that their feed has many problems while other videos will run fine on my computer. Many of the shows are just not my thing. Mary Ann Fons drives me batty. There is one show that seems very good for long arm quilters, but that is not me.

$12 is pretty cheap. Here it is about the cost of going to 2 movies. That's 4 hours of entertainment. If you can get 4 hours of fun out of it, it's probably OK. I won't be renewing mine.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM

Why pay? at least for now. You can probably see all you want on youtube, Quilt in a day, Missouri Star Quilt Co, Jodi Barrows Square in a Square all have fabulous tutorials. And Leah Day will teach you how to Free Motion Quilting.

http://vimeo.com/quiltinaday/videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWnhR7raxVFDHmDXqCIzuAw Missouri Star Quilts
http://vimeo.com/search?q=jodi+barrows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFcITNjuGnM FMQ
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM

Thanks! I got the answers I needed. I was concerned about the FEED, too! I have some CRAFTSY classes that are darned near impossible to watch, with all the starts and stops...... So, thanks, folks for helping me make up my mind... Will NOT get at this point....... also, tuckyquilter, thanks for the websites........ Happy Quilting........
Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 PM

I bought a subscription last year, a $12 one and don't really like it. You can not access all the videos. They just renewed my membership for $24 automatically, which I did not realize would happen. So I finally figured out how to email them after a hour of searching the website and they are investigating it they say. Be careful if you buy in.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Thanks for posting your question I had almost decided to purchase it since it was priced at $12 glad I didn't waste my money
Old 08-09-2013, 01:56 AM

I just renewed mine at the $12 price. For the most part, I don't care for the stuff from Fons & Porter, but I keep mine for the Quilt it episodes for the longarm stuff. There's some very valuable stuff there. There's one on there on batting that everyone should watch. Taught me a lot, so I could pass it on to my customers & friends.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 AM

I agree with Cindy, I bought my subscription (per advice from someone on here) through the Quilters Club of America. So with that subscription, I got access to QNN.tv, the easy quilts magazine and some other discounts to places like fons/porter and keepsake. This was about the same price as the QNN.tv regular subscription price.

I watch it specifically for the Long Arm show, Quilt It. And have learned tons since I started watching them a couple weeks ago. Most of the shows on there have a free teaser show you can watch. I would check out a couple and see if any are something you like. The 100+ hrs of Quilt It shows was worth it to me.

Tucky, I watch alot of the free videos on the links you posted. But sometimes they are not very indepth and I was looking specifically for long arm in depth videos.