Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question about Angie's List >

Question about Angie's List

Question about Angie's List

Old 09-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to join Angie's List? We had considerable damage to our home back in the April storms that we still haven't been able to find a contractor to fix. So we thought we'd check out Angie's List but would like to know what it costs to join. And I thought I'd check with you good folks to see if anyone knew and also if you've used the site what you thought about the experience. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM

I think it varies by where you are. It was free in my area for a while.

I would ask at your local (non-chain) building supply store for referrals. They see and get to know all the contractors.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM

I checked into it, but I found it too expensive, and the closest list was quite a distance away. I decided not to join, and the next day I got an email offering it to me half price, and I keep getting emails with price cuts. So, if you decide you want to join, you may want to start the process, then wait a few days to see if get a better rate.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

must depend on where you are- you would need to contact the list in your area to see what it costs to join- some places it doesn't cost anything
Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 PM

I was very disappointed when I went to join "Angies List". Just another muckerup to make more money than God. It was 4.95 per month. If I didn't need that help that month, then I still have to pay? Huh?? It seemed like a bit like Wiki, where you can make a post without needing any back up to your claims. Joe Schmoe makes a ridiculous claim against a contractor and posts on Angies List and now is condemned for eternity simply of because of one post? There is something wrong with this scenario.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM

I work at a construction company in Knoxville... We don't do any of the work from the storm damage, but if you're interested, I can pass some names to you of people we work with. Send me a PM and tell me what kind of damage.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I think it varies by where you are. It was free in my area for a while.

I would ask at your local (non-chain) building supply store for referrals. They see and get to know all the contractors.
I agree, I would ask the local building supply/ hardware store too. I know there are probably lots of contractors looking for jobs to work on. I know around here the have taken a big hit in this economy
Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm having a new roof put on my house and I did consider Angies list, was put off by the cost. I checked online with my local Better Business Bureau. I found a licensed, insured, A+ rated contractor, in business here for 35 years.
Check with the BBB in your area.