Question About Hair Color

Old 03-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Banned

Yeah...this is something different huh? :lol: I've never been one to color my hair but now its getting very grey and ugly!!! DAMMIT :lol: What is a good brand of color to use to cover the grey? I want to use the same color as my hair is now. I want to do it at home, not a salon. And something that won't turn my hair orange!!! :hunf: Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20750.jpe  
Old 03-21-2010, 05:01 AM

Oh you poor thing. I don't have any gray hair--yeah right!! I'v used Nice & Easy for so long I'm not sure what my "real" hair color is except drab!! I've never had a problem with N&E and it is easy to use. A little advice: while it's setting, don't quilt--it may drip. Ask me how I know!! Good luck and remember: you're beautiful just the way you are!!
Old 03-21-2010, 05:07 AM

If you have a Sally's Beauty Supply, they have a gazillion colors. The staff is usually very helpful, and are hair students so they know what's going on.

The bottles are also labeled "neutral" or "blue-violet" or "gold" or "copper" for the undertone. You'd probably want neutral, or maybe blue violet depending on your natural color...
Old 03-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

My natural color is very dark brown so gray looks horrible!!! I used to use the non-permanent for a long time. They aren't as hard on my hair. Lately though I've been using permanent color and then just do the roots when they come in. It seems no matter what brown color I buy it turns out the same. I've used several brands- Clairol mostly but they have several types. My sister goes to the hairdresser and I think hers looks better but I'm too cheap :D
Old 03-21-2010, 06:19 AM

I use Revlon Color Silk. It's dirt cheap ($2.50 - $3.00) and easy to use. The trick is to leave it on long enough to get the gray covered without keeping it on so long that the color looks artificial. You want some of the hair's natural translucence to show through. So follow package instructions conservatively, and if you miss some gray, touch it up.

That red-headed baby is really cute, even with the bad hair. What mother would style her hair like that? And where do you find these pictures?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:25 AM

I use Loreals feria hair color, my hair dresser always compliments my hair color(he doesnt do color)! Easy to use and turns itself off after the aloted time. Covers the grey for me:)It is not the cheapest, but have had to many problems with the cheap products: green, brassy, orange etc.....
Old 03-21-2010, 06:34 AM

I have seen some really bad home color jobs -- so for me, it's worth the money to go to a salon to get it done right. OK, I go to WalMart -- it's a lot less expensive. Or find a beauty college -- they are even less expensive.... :D :D
Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 AM

I am always afraid to do a permanent job so I use Natural Instinct shampoo. I have nice color for 28 washes and the next time I do it I can go for a lighter or darker color if I wish. I also relax my hair chemicaly and don't want to do more chemical damage than I have to.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

I am also a brunette, and the grey shows up wonderfully (striking streaks of silver). I know it is time to go to the salon when my DH starts threatening to make the appt.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:40 AM

I only use what my hairdresser uses. No clue what the color is. It varies from whatever sort of day she's having lol