Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: question about wedge shoes

Blog Entries
    I love these shoes. The description says they have a 4" heel and a 1.5" platform. Does that mean the total height difference between the front of the foot and the heel is 2.5"? I would not normally be able to walk in 4" heels....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    1 1/2" at the toe and 4" at the heel, so yes the difference is 2 1/2" :D:D:D

Yup, agreed!

Anyway, they are too cute to pass up. Buy then try -- you can always learn a new skill if they're higher than expected! ;)

PS - Four inches isn't as tall as you think...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    PS - Four inches isn't as tall as you think...
    That depends on how long you foot is. :)
    Short foot vs long foot - shorty would be practically standing on her toes.

I think thats correct, and those are just great looking shoes. Let me caution you, I consistantly wore 3-4 inch heels to work for 15 yrs, in a art dept where I was on my feet running around most of the day. Now, retired at 63, I have to buy very special shoes because wearing heels that high had wedged my big toes into the toe of the shoe at such angles that I have caused my toe joint to be pushed out of wack (bunions?) and the only solution would be an operation on both feet where they shave off some of the bone (I dont think they can force your toe back in position at the joint), which would not allow me to be wearing these heels again.
    Some days my toes just ache like fire and even though I looked pretty hot in those shoes back in the day! I'd gladly give them up to be able to just put on anything I'd like and walk.
    I think those shoes are great cus even though you have a "high" heel, the platform takes that massive crush of your full weight off your toes. - just sharing what my mother warned me about but I learned the hard way lol sharet

my feet hurt just looking at anything with heels...

I remember wearing shoes like that back in the 70's and 80's. They are oh so cute but my days of wearing cute shoes are gone. With my arthritic knees I don't think I could even stand up in them let alone walk.

I have not worn a pair of heels in many many years, until last week. I found a pair of crocs with 3" heels that were so comfortable I was able to wear them and walk! I shocked myself and was having a very good day. It was for a very very special occasion. Typically I have a lot of trouble walking but somehow it was just a magical day.

I have a small, wide foot and weak ankles. I could never wear that type of shoe. The only times in the last twenty years that I wore any type of heel at all were at my daughters' weddings. These days I don't go anywhere fancy and spend all my time in my office/sewing room writing or making quilts, so I have no need for heels of any kind. When I do go out (shopping)I wear flat sandals or sneakers.

love the shoes!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast