Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick birthday gift

Quick birthday gift

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a quick project for a birthday gift - nothing like waiting till the last minute - I have been invited to a surprise b-day party for a woman who is turnng 50 - its this Saturday night 3 1/2 days away - I am trying to think of a quick project for her - I don't know her well - my hubby is friends with her hubby -I asked this women's hubby if he could give me ideas - that was no help at all. So I am asking my QB friends for suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Power Poster
    Do you have any idea of her interests? If she likes to cook, maybe a nice apron, pot holders, casserole carrier, oven mitts etc. If she a sewer a nice pin cushion or thread caddy. If all else fails, a nice container of homemade peanut brittle, fudge etc. is nice unless she's a diabetic. A nice bottle of wine and the criss cross coasters for wine glasses. It's is difficult when you don't have a clue about the recipient.

Tote bags are always nice! I never seem to have too many of those. Maybe a nice quilted one, with pockets?
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    If you know that she drinks wine, this wine tote was a hit when I made some for Christmas gifts last year
    http://www.needleandspatula.com/2011...-tutorial.html
    Nancy in western NY

Seasonal table runner, pot holders, pan handles. Anything hand made people love.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

The Easy Stripe Tablerunner work quickly and looks impressive. They have some lovely border prints available such as sunflowers. About 3-4 hours from cutting to finish.

If she travels then attractive satin bags for her shoes for the suitcase or smaller ones for jewelry are usually well received.

Quote Originally Posted by caseraph View Post
    The Easy Stripe Tablerunner work quickly and looks impressive. They have some lovely border prints available such as sunflowers. About 3-4 hours from cutting to finish.
    I see that it's no longer available from Timeless Treasures. Do you have any idea where else they might have it? It looks fabulous!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I love the idea of coasters and a nice bottle of wine, if she's a drinker. If not, coasters and a small basket of coffees and gourmet chocolates, maybe?
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I see that it's no longer available from Timeless Treasures. Do you have any idea where else they might have it? It looks fabulous!
    I purchased my pattern from www.thequiltcompany.com $8.50 earlier this year

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast