Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Quilt Police Sting Operation >

Quilt Police Sting Operation

Quilt Police Sting Operation

Old 09-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amazon
Peanut Butter !
Please explain ?
Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

I was about to respond to this post with a similar scolding about showing up on time and being prepared, but then I went back to see your previous posts. I read the one where you accidentally used oven cleaner instead of Pam for your waffles, simultaneously trying to catch up on pressing a stack of quilt pieces, and thought that yes, she is a ditz, but a funny one. And then I read the one that explains that your DH is dying of cancer, and you made him laugh by picking him up at the hospital and telling him that you had already cleaned out his closet and drawers for more space for your quilting. It seems that when your life is tumbling down around you, your refuge is in humor. I wish you the best in every possible way, and am glad that you can still laugh at life.

One thing that I am realizing is that it is very hard to know what is going on in another person's life and sometimes the obvious answer to an individual post doesn't address the problem at all.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
I was about to respond to this post with a similar scolding about showing up on time and being prepared, but then I went back to see your previous posts. I read the one where you accidentally used oven cleaner instead of Pam for your waffles, simultaneously trying to catch up on pressing a stack of quilt pieces, and thought that yes, she is a ditz, but a funny one. And then I read the one that explains that your DH is dying of cancer, and you made him laugh by picking him up at the hospital and telling him that you had already cleaned out his closet and drawers for more space for your quilting. It seems that when your life is tumbling down around you, your refuge is in humor. I wish you the best in every possible way, and am glad that you can still laugh at life.

One thing that I am realizing is that it is very hard to know what is going on in another person's life and sometimes the obvious answer to an individual post doesn't address the problem at all.
Amen. Never judge until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Thank you, dunster. I posted in a discussion and thought I was humorous and clever. The original poster was hurt and offended. Thank heaven I checked back to see where the discussion was going and was able to PM and post an apology. I think we need an icon for "I'm TRYING to be funny."
Old 09-25-2011, 08:20 AM

What a wise and compassionate response. I was struggling between my own critical thoughts about lateness and discomfort with the condemnatory tone of some of the comments. You've nailed it here - we never know exactly what circumstances are reflected in what someone says and does, so shouldn't jump to conclusions or judge. But of course we all do it all the time - as I did too. Thankyou for this perspective.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by BigDog
Originally Posted by lynn_z
didn't think it would matter if I showed up a little late
There's where you lost me. It always matters when people show up late. The class was being held on a timetable and there were others involved.

Maybe I'm missing the point.
This jumped out at me too. Unless it is a drop-in evening, like the "Finish it Friday" that is offered monthly at our LQS, I would expect that everyone show up on time and prepared.

Was also wondering about the lack of a supply list, but that might just have been left out of the story.

Cheers, K
Old 09-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Dunster - you are very kind -

but just because my manure spreader is full - is no reason for me to spread the contents inappropriately -

I am waiting for answers to my questions before jumping in with more opinions.

It's one thing for me to be addled - for whatever reason -

It's another thing to try to put the blame on someone else for my airheadedness.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Peanut Butter !
Please explain ?
Our Preacher says, that there is just no excuse for somethings , you might as well just say; Peanut Butter! Or when you don't know what to say.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Peanut Butter !
Please explain ?
Our Preacher says, that there is just no excuse for somethings , you might as well just say; Peanut Butter! Or when you don't know what to say.
:thumbup: :roll: :-)

Plus, if one has to eat one's words -
Old 09-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Peanut butter... when you don't know what to say? I'm afraid I would be using that response WAY too often. I might get hungry...