A quilting board pet-peeve

Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 AM

I am new to list board. I problem I have is when I search for something top answers always seem to be from 2 years ago, or the links don't work.

I have also found that if I read something, most times I can't find it again. Not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

I am also not sure what a thread is, but as a newbie to this site, it is hard to figure out where to find things.

Sorry if we are don't understand the rules, but I have learned a lot from this site
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 AM

Reading ALL of some of these LONGER THREADS is not possible, or I would never be able to chit chat here and have time to sew.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

I am guilty of this too. It happens some times. By the way, beautiful pic. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM

I agree, sometimes it is not possible to read all of the thread, sometimes there is 40 pages?? I just dont have the time, but I try to not post a question if I can find the answer. But there is so much info on here sometimes it is hard to find the answer you are looking for too.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 AM

I try to remember to do a search before I ask a new question. I have found that the answers are usually already there. I like to read everyone's comments on a thread. There are some real nuggets of wisdom tucked in here and there.
Love the picture - did you take it? Since you are on the Utah Arizona boarder, is it your view out the window?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 AM

me too.....I do it too ;) I don;t think most people mind though....I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!! We are thinking of going this year. can you tell me when you think the best time of year would be to go?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Love the picture - did you take it? Since you are on the Utah Arizona boarder, is it your view out the window?
No not out my window, but I do have that kind of scenery all around here. We went on a raft trip last summer and took the photo then. It was a blast! The best time is ALWAYS! But if anyone comes to the north rim of the Grand Canyon, you need to see me! Please???
Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JUNEC
I am also not sure what a thread is, but as a newbie to this site, it is hard to figure out where to find things.
When a topic has been opened, the ongoing discussion or contribution is called "thread" So this would be the thread about a quilting board pet-peeve, particularly people not reading earlier pages.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM

I interpret your peeve not as someone asking general questions about quilting and/or sewing that have been answered in tutorials or links but, like when someone posts a picture of a project and someone on page 1 asks what the pattern name is, and is answered... then someone asks on page 3, then on page 4, etc. etc.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I interpret your peeve not as someone asking general questions about quilting and/or sewing that have been answered in tutorials or links but, like when someone posts a picture of a project and someone on page 1 asks what the pattern name is, and is answered... then someone asks on page 3, then on page 4, etc. etc.
Oh newbees! I don't mind when you ask questions. No problem. Just because we've talked about it in the past doesn't mean that YOU know that. You are right Pam, that my peeve is when someone just doesn't look back a page or two and see that the questions has already been answered.