Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting gremlins are at my house!

Quilting gremlins are at my house!

Started out to be a perfect day to quilt..DH gone, house already straightened up, supper in crock pot...and then the "gremlins" invaded...bobbin problems, tension problems, burned myself on the iron, cut myself with the rotary cutter, stuck myself with needles (hand sewing & machine), binding strips crooked....oh well...a bad day quilting is better than a good day at work Thank goodness I am working on an easy project. LOL

Isn't ironic that when you have the day free to do what you want, everything goes haywire?
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Power Poster
    Somedays just seem to go like this. Hope it was just one day and the next one will be better.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    When the set up is right and that sort of thing happens anyway, I *know* I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing; so I just stand right up, put my hands on my hips, tap my toe on the floor, and take authority over those gremlins, telling them I'M in charge of my house and my day and they'd best be moving quickly on down the road!! That usually settles it and I return to a peaceful, productive schedule.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Show them who's boss. Pour yourself a small glass of Chardonnay, enjoy, then return to the sewing room, relaxed but on a mission.

Jan - you must be a relative, right down to the hands on the hips. My sisters once asked my how I was able to avoid "morning sickness" and I said I simple didn't have time for it. Same when I went thru chemo - yes there were sick days but over-all I do what I want to do and if that means sending away gremlins - we do it.

The gremlins did not win! I was able to complete 3 UFOs and had a full, mostly happy day of quilting.

I seem to have those days.. When I feel the first inkling that it's happening, I take the dog out, play scratch the belly with him, or chase him around the house.. We end up with a smile on our faces... He has a habit of easing the tension.. The gremlins try to visit pretty often..

I feel your pain. We all have those kind of days. I have learned after the third gremlin visits me it is time to take a break and regroup!!! Otherwise I spend more time "unsewing" than anything else.

Sounds like one of my favourite sayings in action here. Have you heard that if you want to hear the gods laugh, just make a plan.
    Mary B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast