Quirky Habits

Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Okay, someone else surely does this. Last night, I got up to get something to drink. Went into the kitchen and turned on the light. That's when I noticed (due to this thread!) that I only had one eye open and the other tightly shut. Yeah, I always do that but never really thought about it, before. It's normal, right?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I hoard empty boxes. Everybody gives me grief about it. Until they need to wrap a gift or send something thru the mail. Then suddenly I'm a genius.
Finally!!! Someone who "collects" boxes. I just have this overwhelming urge to keep a box that looks stable and usable for mailing, putting things in for storage. I don't just confine this to things coming in the house or through the grocery store. I do it when I'm out and about. I travel from school to school for my job. The cafeterias are always putting out good boxes. I take the oddest routes into the school just so I can pass by the cafeteria! Then there's the teacher's work room. There's wonderful Home Depot & copy paper boxes.

One day I found a couple of great copy paper boxes at a school. I didn't want to carry them with me to see my students, I just hurried outside and put it on the hood of my car. I figured that being on the hood, it would keep people from taking it. Well, I come outside after I finish and the two boxes are gone!!! Who would do a dirty thing like that?

I have finally imposed a limit on how many boxes I can have in the garage. If they can fold down, there's no limit because they really don't take up space. I have a very large box in the garage. I limit myself to just filling that box with boxes and no more! You should see how I meticulously put boxes inside boxes to make more room for boxes!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

when my kids were still at home, i went down to the laundry room to get a towel to wash my hair with. I wash my hair just in my bra & jeans (or sweats or whatever) because i wash it in the kitchen sink. I came sauntering out of the laundry room & my ds's little boy scout pals nearly had cardiac arrest!
lol :d............
Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

Our DHs must've been talking because I WILL NOT go outside after dark either. Lights or no lights. Just merely outside. We have bats. I HATE (& am horribly afraid of) bats! I'd never seen a bat before we moved to WI. When I was going to college & living in my apartment (a few years ago), one AM I was awakened by something scratching in the bed. Since I was the only person who lived there, I thought that was odd. I lifted the sheets & there sat a bat!!! In my bed!!! I screamed (I'm sure it's still echoing thru the halls of that apartment building!) & took off running! I called 9-1-1!!! So now that we live out in the sticks, I KNOW there are bats waiting right outside the door, just waiting for me to come out. No way! Repeat after me... bats are icky! Nightitme outside is icky!
aw, you went batty!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

When we lived in Orlando, we lived on a lake that had 2 gators that would come up & peek in our fences, eyeballing our dogs. But I wasn't as afraid of them as I am of bats!
I'm sorry you were bat-i-fied!
as for me, I'll deal with a bat instead of a gator any day. At least a bat would have to peck you to death.
I don't know...you may be right...quick and get it over with...chomp!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Ditto! And also the bow. I save the bows (not the crumpled ones, but the good ones). It's stupid & wasteful to buy new bows all the time when you can take them off gently & save them to use next year. Eek! I'm a hoarder!!! A quirky, talkative horader! You think I should change my profile to reflect that?
girlfriend!!!!
I save the good bows too
Old 07-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
One year at Christmas I made a quilt for someone in the family and had the perfect box for it. I asked for the box back. The next year I used the box for another quilt for another family member. Now if the family sees a package the size of the box from last year, they know it will be a quilt. It is fun to see the face of the person that gets "the box" at Christmas.
I'm notorious for my use of soap boxes. Hey... they're the perfect size for little stuff. The kids always say "A soap box... MOM!". And I've been known to ask for the box back, too.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Ditto! And also the bow. I save the bows (not the crumpled ones, but the good ones). It's stupid & wasteful to buy new bows all the time when you can take them off gently & save them to use next year. Eek! I'm a hoarder!!! A quirky, talkative horader! You think I should change my profile to reflect that?
I tried a couple times to view your profile but all I saw was your avatar and some threads you had been on or something. I guess I'm not a good profiler, lol
Old 07-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Okay, someone else surely does this. Last night, I got up to get something to drink. Went into the kitchen and turned on the light. That's when I noticed (due to this thread!) that I only had one eye open and the other tightly shut. Yeah, I always do that but never really thought about it, before. It's normal, right?
um............
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
One year at Christmas I made a quilt for someone in the family and had the perfect box for it. I asked for the box back. The next year I used the box for another quilt for another family member. Now if the family sees a package the size of the box from last year, they know it will be a quilt. It is fun to see the face of the person that gets "the box" at Christmas.
hey...I wanna do that! great idea (a "box" tradition, lol)