Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rain and JULIET

Rain and JULIET

WELL... we are finally getting a good soaking rain, but thats only the beginning of my story. Juliet, our 4 month old schnauser puppy loves to be outside with Tess our 10 year old Lab-mix. Tess bacially lays down and lets Juliet maul her. Seldom does Tess get overly stressed about this abuse.

But like I wrote above, it has been raining ALL day and as much as Juliet likes going out she does not like the rain. So she has ended up in the house most of the day and is doing things whe would normally never do. I would equate her to a child that has been couped up in the house too long. She is running through the house as fast as she can. She grabbed a partly opened umbrella and ran through the house dragging it behind her with it hitting the walls as she passed. Dragging a blanket off the couch and pulling it as hard as her little body can pull.

She sits at the door with her ear piercing bark, wanting to go out but when the door is opened, she just backs away. She seems nervous and frustrated by not getting out as is her normal routine. Again, the child not getting what the want and throwing a little fit.
    We can jus hope tomorrow is a less rainy day so she can run off some energy outside.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Quote Originally Posted by Ccorazone View Post
    She sits at the door with her ear piercing bark, wanting to go out but when the door is opened, she just backs away.
    So she gets to decide whether she should go out or not? Hee hee ... I remind my dogs all the time that this is NOT a democracy.

Put a rain coat on and go outside with her and play. Get her used to the idea that it's OK to be rained on.

Dogs need exercise and stimulus, if you don't provide them, they will find ways of finding their own entertainment.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

That is so cute. Life is so much easier for dogs when it doesn't rain on them. They believe they are sugar and will melt when it rains.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Must be a schnauzer thing. My little one doesn't like the rain either and lately he grabs a toy and runs thru the house like someone put a quarter in him. Wonder what he will do when he sees his first snow.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

It's a cocker thing too .... My cocker spaniel will not get wet .... from wet grass in the morning (Not on my paws, thank you!). If it even smells rain at the door, she backs away. So unfortunately on those days I've learned from experience that she is best left in her oversized crate. I let her out, walk her to the patio door, open it and if she backs away, she goes back to the crate. She has made a mess of MY house way too often. She doesn't mind the crate, there's always a treat every time the door is shut. I sure do like sunny dry days with her!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    I got such a chuckle out of your post! In Grandfalls we have been getting rain also...it is so fabulous!!! Dodger (my 80plus pound Boxer/Golden Retriever mix) and I took a long walk yesterday afternoon. She found every huge and tiny mud puddle she could and just pounced through....I swear she stopped every now and then and bounced up and down also.
    Brenda

Our small dog will go to the dog door and look out, I have to boot him out and then he goes to the bathroom. The parrot takes a bath everytimg it rains. Then I have to clean the bottom of the cage. No rest for the wicked.

Blog Entries
    Oh yea and the look they give you-like its our fault its raining...... the only time my old cat is lovable is if she hears the rain but poof gone at thunder or wind-my other cat goes out and curls up under the tree with my min-pin who she hates other wise ?? the other 2 dogs become velcro'd to me until the foul weather passes. Fair weather fur balls : )

My Bichon, Casper, doesn't like rain either. When it's raining, I have to give him a nudge out the door and then stand at the top of the stairs until he's done his business. He LOVES the snow--just bounds through it. He doesn't want to come in--just don't understand it.

Our dogs hate rain unless there is a person at the other end of a leash. I don't know why that makes it okay, but it does. Wish they could tell us.

You have painted a darling word picture of your pup. It will be fun for you to read it when she's left puppyhood behind.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley