Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rain, Rain Go Away Come Back another Day >

Rain, Rain Go Away Come Back another Day

Rain, Rain Go Away Come Back another Day

Old 06-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Originally Posted by craftybear
it has been raining in Indiana, USA the past few days.

on Saturday we got 1 1/2 inches of rain and last night 2 1/2 inches of rain,

another storm coming in a few hours, our sump pump is running non stop under our house
Raining alot in central Ohio too, but I couldn't tell you how much. Just ALOT! Seems like every 24 hrs or so it rains again. Heard several big booms last night. So tiresome, but at least it isn't snow!
It storms here in Ohio several times @ nite. roads covered down here. HUMIDITY is AWFUL and temps. are going into the 90's by the weekend!! yuk, yuk Can't cut grass. The only thing loving this is our garden and rasberries. They are huge this yr. My herbs are going crzy too. I have sooo much basil and no tomatoes. I'm going to have to make pesto. What a shame lol lol
Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 PM

It's raining/thundering/lightning again here is E. central Illinois. Just thought I'd let you in Indiana know that it's coming. I'm about 35 minutes W. of the Indiana line--almost straight W of Indianapolis. This is our second round today. It poured down right around lunch time.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:18 PM

I can't belive the rain that just fell. And so fast here there is a ton of standing water.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Dix

Originally Posted by craftybear
it has been raining in Indiana, USA the past few days.

on Saturday we got 1 1/2 inches of rain and last night 2 1/2 inches of rain,

another storm coming in a few hours, our sump pump is running non stop under our house
Crafty, Whaaaaaa, we had 11 inches in 2 hours yesterday and our street looked like a river! lol
Old 06-15-2010, 02:46 PM

One good thing about the flatlands though is that we don't get the rushing "walls of water" and when it floods it's usually gone a few days after the rain stops.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
It's raining/thundering/lightning again here is E. central Illinois. Just thought I'd let you in Indiana know that it's coming. I'm about 35 minutes W. of the Indiana line--almost straight W of Indianapolis. This is our second round today. It poured down right around lunch time.
Yes I saw on our local weather a little while ago that parts of Ohio are under a severe thunderstorm warning until 8am Wed. and a little south of Columbus there's a flood warning. Storms will probably be here around midnight. I hope we don't lose our power again. It's so humid!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'm not sure how much it's rained here in central Illinois but I've been seeing animals heading down the road in pairs. . . . . . . . .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Here in MN we have been getting the rain too, In my area we in the 4inch area in the past week. The crops look good-so nice and green, we do custom baling for others-we got all the hay done with no rain, that was 2 weeks ago, this week is totaly wet. We just had a quick shower tonight while the sun was shining lasted about 5 minutes. Beautiful rainbow-was out to the east of my house-thought about chasing it to find the pot of gold, it disappered before I found my boots.