Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rainbow Bridge........For Those Who Have Lost Pets >

Rainbow Bridge........For Those Who Have Lost Pets

Rainbow Bridge........For Those Who Have Lost Pets

Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77129.jpe  
Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 PM

thank you for helping us remember that we have those adoring animals waiting for us.....RIP Fudge 11 years worth of love.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Pam

I would be happy to stay right there and go no farther.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

I have always loved that...they gave me a really nice picture with this on it when I had toput my little Dog Sugar down....cant read it with out crying!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Google Goddess

thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... :D
Marsye..when my dogs died I had them cremated...sounds crazy to a few people and to others makes a lot of sense, but my reason was that it gave me a sense of still having them around in a different sort of way. Kind of eased the pain of loss a bit.

Anyway, when we got the urn back with the ashes there was a certificate with it of date of birth and death, and that same thing poem or story was in with the certificate. Nice touch. I do hope I am good enough to get to go later where I hope and that my dogs are there to meet me. If so, I am sure to meet a lot of other nice people there, too, that loved there pets. Wouldn't that be great.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 AM

Makes me cry. I am sorry for your loss, our beloved puppies mean so much to us.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
Marsye..when my dogs died I had them cremated...sounds crazy to a few people and to others makes a lot of sense, but my reason was that it gave me a sense of still having them around in a different sort of way. Kind of eased the pain of loss a bit.
You're not alone in this. When I go, my nephew promised to put my furry baby urns into the casket with me. It may sound irreligious to some, maybe not to others, but one reason for me to hope for heaven is to see my babies again.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
You're not alone in this. When I go, my nephew promised to put my furry baby urns into the casket with me. It may sound irreligious to some, maybe not to others, but one reason for me to hope for heaven is to see my babies again.
I read a long time ago where one guy loved his cadillac so much that he requested to be buried IN it and his request was granted, so why not have the urns in our caskets. Our pets were living, breathing beings who understood our feelings and were always there for us no matter what, so your request seems perfectly logical and beautifully sentimental to me. I love your request.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by QBeth
I read a long time ago where one guy loved his cadillac so much that he requested to be buried IN it and his request was granted, so why not have the urns in our caskets. Our pets were living, breathing beings who understood our feelings and were always there for us no matter what, so your request seems perfectly logical and beautifully sentimental to me. I love your request.
I see nothing wrong with it! To each his won. What you and I do is our own business. Personally, when I die I want to be propped up next to a slot machine. :lol: :lol: :lol: