Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Raspberries!

Blog Entries
    As you can see, I love raspberries and chocolate from my new picture... I am soooo hungry for fresh raspberries. Looks like they are done in my area.... While they were here, I was eating them for lunch.......... so much better then the ones in the store... Except for the ones in Flemington NJ at the fudge shop, dipped in chocolate!!! But I found that the pineapple dipped in chocolate are sinful............ oy veyyyyyy

Did a lot of picking did we?

Blog Entries
    yeah but no freezing or canning. I ate them all up!

Blog Entries
    MMMMMMM Love them have about 8 plants in backyard just put them in last summer.

Have you ever made a quilt with raspberries? When I was picking blackberries, I thought they were sooo beautiful, that I must make a quilt of them. Add that to the list...

I love raspberries!!! they grow a lot here in my area now but I hardly ever see them at the farmers market. I think they ship them out all over the world from here.

I buy them well into the fall at our local farmers' market.
    They must be available in your area, too? I did go (they grow all over in the area of the UP I'm in for the summer) and made wild raspberry jam-also made my DH some fresh homemade bread to eat it on. He thinks I walk on water!!!

A friend gave me some canes this spring and they have been bearing all summer. Looooove raspberries in salad or with chocolate or with cake or with cream or just warm from the sun or . . .

I never liked fresh raspberries, though I loved raspberry layers in chocolate tortes and raspberry jellies in chocolate candy. Every time I tried the fresh ones from the store, they were sour.

Then I stayed at a hotel (in Atlanta) and got upgraded to "concierge level," which came with a late afternoon/early evening honor bar. The food was free. (Only the alcoholic drinks cost anything.) Well, they had the best spreads, including the most perfect fresh fruits. I tried some of their raspberries, and they were incredibly good! Large, juicy, and so, so sweet!

Nothing like the little sour pellets for $4 for a measly pint from the store. Now whenever I find them in good condition, I get them and feast. Not so easy to find the good ones, though. (I've learned to get the frozen ones. They're wonderful in mango-raspberry smoothies.)

Oh, I could go for some right now!

The raspberries dipped in chocolate sound yummy.