Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Re Bug In Iron Well

Blog Entries

Re Bug In Iron Well

Well the nasty varmit is still in there and will be forever if he doesn't just fade away. I believe a friend told me it was a earwig they like the dampness. Well he is damp now for sure.
    I want to say thanks for a the suggestions on how to get rid of him but I cannot remove the well of my iron or get long tweezers in it and I tried multiple times to fill it and empty it and that doesn't work so I will let him in there where a fly got in a few years back.
    The iron works fine it felt creepy at first but he can't come out so I guess it is save to use.
    I must say I do not hve a buggy house, the creatures just ike my iron!!

Blog Entries
    I've read your story about the buggy in your iron.

Have you tried to suck him out, use something like a syringe, just with an bigger opening. A straw would work, but let your hubby do it for you.

May be it works, if not, just leave it there. Not that you have much of a choice.
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

Power Poster
    He is biodegradable so eventually he will dissolve. You notice I used "he" because obviously he was lost and didn't stop to get directions.

Blog Entries
    for future put a piece of fabric or tissue in the opening to keep bugs out. I hate bugs!

I am so thankful my iron has a cover over the water hole! I think I would have tossed the iron if my husband didn't get his hands on it first. It would be a challenge for him to take the iron apart and get the bug out.

Ha ha #Tartan, good one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    He is biodegradable so eventually he will dissolve. You notice I used "he" because obviously he was lost and didn't stop to get directions.
    Oh! how true, Tartan.

Watching it snow here on the High Plains Desert of Western Colorado
    OHMGoodness Tartan you are so right !LOL

I would of either of bought a new iron or made the hubs take the bug out one way or another (and how he did it- I don't want to know !LOL)
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm so glad I use a cheap B&D iron! There's no way I'd use one, with a bug in it. EWWWWW!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

As he dissolves (yuck) he may stain the water, so be careful ironing light fabrics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast