Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Re: Dallas shopping district

Re: Dallas shopping district

I read somewhere on here (Looked but could not find thread) about a shopping district in downtown Dallas where fabric is less expensive. Can someone tell me where to find it? Like the street or the name of a store so I can look it up online? Want to know area to shop and hours, especially Sunday. I go thru Dallas on Sundays and would love to stop, but have to know the info to plan.

Thank you guys for your help. Hugs.

I been to Golden Dior that is kind of close to downtown but have always been the rider not the driver and only know it is a little tricky to find. Maybe someone who is more familiar with Dallas can help out with directions, address, etc. It has all kinds of fabrics at lower prices than quilt or fabric stores.
    jackie

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
    I been to Golden Dior that is kind of close to downtown but have always been the rider not the driver and only know it is a little tricky to find. Maybe someone who is more familiar with Dallas can help out with directions, address, etc. It has all kinds of fabrics at lower prices than quilt or fabric stores.
    It is on Harry Hines but I don't think it is open on Sundays. The have good quality material and also the cheap stuff.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

I used to go to several of them on Harry Hines and Perth - several all next to each other and they were not open on Sundays

I dont know about the shopping district, but my DIL was just here from that area and she said there was a new fabric store in Dallas that had more modern fabrics- may or not be quilting fabrics. Anyway she said the next time I come down for a visit, we would go. Last year, we went to Quilt Country. That is a neat store! My Dh picked out the most complicated looking quilt - like a Lonestar and said he liked that one- could I make one? HA! If the kids dont move back, then the next time I go- we ARe going to the fabric stores!!! Good luck!
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;