Reading on Kindle Fire

Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Wink Reading on Kindle Fire

I am trying to decide which kindle to purchase. I am waffling between the Keyboard and the new Fire. Can anyone who has the new Fire tell me how difficult it is to read it in the sunshine? I have been told that a non-glare shield can be
purchased for it, but I want to make sure it is easily read in the light. I have a regular small cell phone and I can not
read the screen in the sunlight to see who called me, is the Fire the same. Thanks to all who can help me. I heard that they might be on sale on Thursday night at Walmart and I need to have my mind made up.

Angela Z
Old 11-23-2011, 05:02 AM

Good luck. I have the Color Nook and would love to have the newest one out as well. I also have the 3-g black and white one. They are both great; I can read in sunlight and my color allows me to read in the dark. It also allows me to play all types of games and there are lots of cheap apps available for it to keep me intertained. I can get books in just about any format so I'm not locked down as to where to get them from. I would recommend the Nook to anyone and feel good about what they would be getting.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:04 AM

I'd wait a little bit; Amazon is coming out with a Kindle Fire which will have a phone in it.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the answers. My husband told me to stop worrying about it and he would surprise me with one for Christmas. My niece has the Nook and loves it. However my hubby has a kindle so he will most likely get me that type. I suppose I will just wait.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 PM

My neice and friends have the color nook and they love it.SHHHH I think thats what my boys are getting me for Christmas
Old 11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Grrrr. i got a Kindle keyboard 3-G and have read free books on it. Tried yesterday to download one from my library. couldn't get it. i downloaded Kindle for PC which only allowed me to read the stupid thing on my computer. don't even need my Kindle. I went by the library today and was told where to look for help and that i needed kindle for PC!!!
i uninstalled that earlier and then read and read and installed Adobe digital. no help what so ever.
it looks like i have the book Russka in archives but can't get to it.
i also have it on my PC. but when i did have Kindle for PC it would not open the book from the pictures of the books i had on my kindle.
help!! anybody. i may just give up on getting library books on it. I never would have purchased this if i'd known all the trouble.
i must go and uninstall Adobe digital now. double Grrrr.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

WHEW!! got it onto my Kindle just now. Heaven knows how I did it but it's there. finally.!! i had no wi-fi but got it in anyway. thanks all anyway.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

I have the Kindle Fire but haven't been in sunshine with it. I love how it is backlit so no reading light needed even in the darkest room. I haven't noticed a glare on the screen. It is a touch and it took me awhile to get use to how sensitive it is to touch. I kept opening up different applications I didn't plan to. I highly recommend a cover that holds the readier for you in place, holding it without a cover and it will get heavy and you will touch the screen and be somewhere else in a split second. The web pages look just like I'm on my laptop, no mobile shortened pages at all and the movies from Netflix are clear as a bell. There is free book available that explains all you can do with a Kindle and how to do it at Amazon.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:23 PM

Hmmmm. I am not computer savvy. The only reason I am interested in getting a kindle now is because I heard you can borrow form the library. I hope whatever one he gets me will be easy to connect to the public library and download for me. He made me promise not to open our visa bill this month. I usually pay all the bills but he wants to surprise me. It is driving me crazy. I love to read mystery books but I always read the end halfway thru the book. Suspense is hard on me.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:35 AM

My son got my husband a kindle fire last week, and he is not in town. The best part is, I have already bought a quilting book for kindle, can't wait to read it on kindle.