Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Reading msgs and responding question

Blog Entries
    Ok, so I'm not a newbee here so I should know how to navigate around but I have a question that I need help with. So I read a thread I see the person writing it is "on line". Is it possible to reply to the thread to ask that person a question and get an answer without leaving the quilt board and going back to my regular in-box to see the reply coming through? Am I just not seeing something?

Yes, you can go to your watched topics and a thread that you have responded to will show up as soon as someone else responds to it.

Well the person is online, but it doesn't mean they are still on that message, so they will only see your question if they go back to the question. You could send them a private message and they would get it right away, I think!

Blog Entries
    In addition, with dsl I don't close the website every time I leave the computer. I just don't want to open it up again all of the time. So the online can be deceiving with dsl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanie2
    Ok, so I'm not a newbee here so I should know how to navigate around but I have a question that I need help with. So I read a thread I see the person writing it is "on line". Is it possible to reply to the thread to ask that person a question and get an answer without leaving the quilt board and going back to my regular in-box to see the reply coming through? Am I just not seeing something?
    If the question pertains to the post topic I would update the post and send them a private message as a backup. If the question does not pertain to the post I would send a private message.

Power Poster
    I hardly ever log out, so it looks like on-line, even if I'm "somewhere else"

Blog Entries
    I never log out either.

Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    I never log out either.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat18
    Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    I never log out either.
    Same here!
    We can log out? :shock:

Yes you can log out. You could also just get out of the board and it will not show you logged in. I don't "log Out" because I don't want to have to remember my password to "log in" I just shut down my computer every night and I don't stay on line in the message board unless I am actually "here"