Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Really need some help, please....

Blog Entries
    I am working on a kids game. Memory blocks. I have embroidered different pics on little 2 inch squares. My bad, they should have been larger. Anyway, I don't want them to go to waste, so am zigzagging around the edges to hold the front and back fabrics together. Doesn't look too bad, but my corners keep hanging up down under my foot. Is there a trick I can do to keep that from happening? Seems like I saw something one time, but for the life of me, I just can't remember.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If I understand your question correctly, use a small starter piece
    of fabric to start the stitching on so you can go right to
    the square on a flat surface.

Blog Entries
    Try a piece of copy paper under the piece. Sew around the pieces and then tear it off. It will keep the corners up where you want them :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    using the starter piece ( don't start stitching at the edge,have extra showing behind the pressure foot) sew onto your square and stop before you get to the end, place next square almost touching the one you are sewing on and then continue on. Doing this will keep the corner edges from catching.

Blog Entries
    Another reason I LOVE love LOVE this board so much!!!! That starter piece and chain piecing works like a charm. Now I don't even regret that I was using such small squares! Thanks a MILL!!!