Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Recommendations for Outer Banks NC? >

Recommendations for Outer Banks NC?

Recommendations for Outer Banks NC?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM

Default Recommendations for Outer Banks NC?

My husband & I will like to visit the Outer Banks, NC in August but don't know where to go. I mean there are like 3 sections and we were hoping to go somewhere in the middle to stay then drive to either end to explore.

We are looking for an area that is close to stuff to do (kayak, hiking, etc) yet quiet for relaxation and enjoying the beauty.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Debbie
Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM

My son and his wife and lots of our family go to Emerald Isle on the Outer Banks each summer...it's beautiful but kinda pricy I think...(somewhere in the neighborhood of ten grand a week....??)...I just go, don't have to pay or couldn't afford it. There's lots to do, the beach. biking, hiking, walking and shopping...Have fun!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
My son and his wife and lots of our family go to Emerald Isle on the Outer Banks each summer...it's beautiful but kinda pricy I think...(somewhere in the neighborhood of ten grand a week....??)...I just go, don't have to pay or couldn't afford it. There's lots to do, the beach. biking, hiking, walking and shopping...Have fun!
OMG where are you staying?? We have been going to Emerald Isle for almost 40 years, and have stayed in several different locations from one end to the other. NEVER came close to that price! Go to the Emerald Isle Realty website to get a good selection of homes, duplexes, townhomes, etc at all price levels. They are the largest on the island. It is a very family oriented area, not so commercial as some beaches. Also, if you can wait until after Labor Day, the prices drop on a lot of places, but the weather is still great all the way into November.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM

If you stay near Wilmington you can see the aquarium, then drive down to Beaufort one day and visit Mrs Calabash's restaurant and the year round Christmas store. They aren't too far for the island with the wild horses either.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 PM

We love the northern part of the Outer Banks between Duck and Corolla. It's absolutely beautiful and more peaceful and open than south around Nag's Head. We have rented beach houses and also stayed at the resort, Corolla Light.