Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Regarding complaints about the 'new' board >

Regarding complaints about the 'new' board

Regarding complaints about the 'new' board

Old 04-15-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I guess I'm the odd girl out here, LOL! I don't see any ad's. I use Firefox for my browser.
I never noticed them either.I too have firefox.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:40 AM

Well,my computer is clipping right along.I am switching pretty fast from topic to topic.And looking at pictures etc.I did a little blog asking a question even,and it was uploaded imediately.Could it be the weather maybe with the storms?As there is a lot of tornatic weather thru the midwest tonight.Just a thought.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 AM

Agreed!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Let us dwell on the positive for there is far to much negative out there in the world. I like making lemonade with those lemons.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
Let us dwell on the positive for there is far to much negative out there in the world. I like making lemonade with those lemons.
I'm with you, we need to work on the positive and let the negative go then we'll feel better. I love fresh lemonade made with real lemons!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by mynani
I must disagree with all of you. I am finding the slowness of this board very frustrating to use. The ads do not bother me as much as the time it takes to download each ad and then each picture.I do so love sitting here each morning with my coffee but seriously doubt if I have the time to wait for all the beautiful pictures of these talented people to download.
Please, check your computer..It just might need a defrag to clean out the hard drive....also dump the contents of no longer used folders....stuff like that. The slow loading pix is a clue that is happening because of too much stuff in your electronic system.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy Ingham
Originally Posted by rustqlts
Recently, there have been complaints about ads at the top of pages, slow downloads, etc., on the message board. These boards are free to us, and don't the ads help keep them that way? I've not experienced any of the myriad of problems being mentioned, so maybe I'm just lucky--but lets try to be more appreciative of a wonderful service we're receiving--for FREE. rusty
Amend! I just love this board and have learned so much from it.....I feel very fortunate to have found it and am grateful and appreciative to all those who contribute.
Me too! You can't imagine how much I enjoy the inspiration, information and friends I have found on this board! and even better, I have laughed myself silly now and then! Jeannie
Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I also feel it is well worth mentioning where else can you sell anywhere for free with the size of the membership here? Trade, give donations, etc., etc. The vast number of forums created a niche for anyone and everyone.

I for one am very thankful that Admin took an unbelieveable amount of time to create this unprecedented board for quilters. Personally I know of no where else on the internet that provides all this board offers free or even with a fee. The accumulated years of knowledge of the members is extraordinary and their willingness to share and help others is beyond comparison.

We all should be thankful for what this amazing board has given to us in more ways than just our shared love of quilting.
My sentiments exactly :thumbup:
So, so true!!