Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rental Sewing Machines around Rogers/Fayetteville AR

Rental Sewing Machines around Rogers/Fayetteville AR

Good Morning Ladies,
    I will be flying into Fayetteville in early December to stay with my mom for 5 days. I don't want to ship any of my machines but would love to use the time finishing Christmas presents. Does anyone know of a shop that would rent out a machine for a few days?

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    NE CO

Do you have a Featherweight or another small machine you could take as your carry-on? I've read of many ladies on here taking their machines with them on the plane.

No I don't. But I'll check into finding one.

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Gosh, seems like renting would be spendy, for 5 days. Seems a lower end machine would serve your purposes if you are not doing anything too complicated. Maybe you could leave it there for future use? I have been using a lower end "dinky mechanical Brother" for over 10 years and it finally has a small problem with the presser foot not staying up all the way. Still very usable and not fussy. I would suggest thrift shops but that is so hit or miss. You might not find anything in time to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    Gosh, seems like renting would be spendy, for 5 days. Seems a lower end machine would serve your purposes if you are not doing anything too complicated. Maybe you could leave it there for future use? I have been using a lower end "dinky mechanical Brother" for over 10 years and it finally has a small problem with the presser foot not staying up all the way. Still very usable and not fussy. I would suggest thrift shops but that is so hit or miss. You might not find anything in time to use.
    Thanks, I hadn't thought about that.
    Jennifer