Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Rest In Peace, Etta

Blog Entries
    she was a true artist and pioneer in the music field. we will be hearing her voice for generations and generations to come. just like billie halliday and satchmo, each one of a kind. be worth it to go to heaven just to hear the choir and band! singing with the angels, etta! loud and clear!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Her music and voice and life touched so many people ... May God Bless her soul.
    My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

Lara

My DD walked across the patio to her groom standing in the woods to "At Last." The song began just as she walked out of the shadows on her father's arm. To her mama (me) it was breathtaking.

People have a hard time believing me when I say I met Etta "Peaches" James. (Big busted women are always called Peaches) But I did. I lived in Salinas, Ca in my teens. Once a month a dance was held in the local armory. Some the greats that played there, Fats Domino, James Brown, Ike and Tina Turner(yes, he was that mean) And Redbone, before they became Redbone and famous. I had all their records, but when I got married my mom gave them to my nephews for target practice. James Brown was a favorite of hers. Etta James was a great performer. Rip, Peaches. You will live in my memories.

Blog Entries
    Very sad but you left so may good memories for many people. RIP Etta.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3