Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest In Peace, Etta

Rest In Peace, Etta

I just read the news about Etta James passing away and wanted to say goodbye. She was a favorite of mine and I am grateful that we have her beautiful music to remember her by. Thanks for the music, Etta, and rest in peace.
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Another marvelous voice gone but certainly not forgotten. She was a real talent!
    Debra

Love her music and when Beyonce was asked to sing one her songs for President Obama I was shocked. Why on earth wouldn't he ask Etta James to sing her own song for him. He missed out! She was fabulous......listening to her right now in fact. "At Last" is my all time favorite song. RIP, Etta...we'll miss you!

Etta James has been sick with luekemia for years and had Alzheimers, I doubt she would have been able to sing for the President. She was a great talent and had a beautiful voice.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

She was one of my very favorite singers also, so sad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhavengirl View Post
    Love her music and when Beyonce was asked to sing one her songs for President Obama I was shocked. Why on earth wouldn't he ask Etta James to sing her own song for him. He missed out! She was fabulous......listening to her right now in fact. "At Last" is my all time favorite song. RIP, Etta...we'll miss you!
    When DH and I got married, we played "Unforgettable" with Natalie and Nat King Cole, and "At Last" by Etta James during the ceremony. We love those 2 songs, and everyone at our wedding did too! Etta certainly had a wonderful, pure "Bourbon" voice.

Blog Entries
    "At Last" is a favorite of both my sons and mine. She will live on because of her voice and great style.

RIP Etta...she had a rough and tumble life as a woman in the music biz. A true icon.

A true lady!

She left us a wonderful musical gift.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast