Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Retreat "welcome" package

Blog Entries

Retreat "welcome" package

I'm looking for ideas to include in our retreat "welcome" package that are cute, inexpensive and don't take much time to put together.
    So far I have a bandaid & candy bar. I'm also throwing in one of those neck cooler things cuz one or more of us have hot flashes.
    Thank you,
    Joan

Power Poster
    How about a blue water fat quarter in the sealed water bottle idea? You carefully remove the label from a water bottle. Use an exacto knife to puncture the bottle where the label will go. Drain out the water and cut all the way around the bottle. Leave it to dry well. Put the water fat quarter in the bottle, connect the bottle with clear package tape and reapply the label over the slit.

Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention that there will be 25 of us.
    Thanks

How about a small square of chocolate like Ghiradelli
    instead of putting the goodies in a bag put them in a very small bucket or tin from the .99 store that can be used for threads or pins for traveling. Or if you can get a deal on small seam rippers, or small tape measures.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    At our Dollar Tree they sell these small round (about 5 inches) rubbery drawer-liners-material thingies that are sold 4 to the pack for helping to open jars. I find them on the kitchen implement wall.

They are perfect machine-side mats for me to place my scissors/seam ripper/awl on while I sew. They won't roll or slip away from me. Great for a retreat treat.

Try the Dollar store for other cute ideas.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

What about scissor lanyards, they are fairly cheap at Oriental Trading or the party store. You can also make a tool necklace from those cheap bead necklaces and a big safety pin or loop of ribbon.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    How about a blue water fat quarter in the sealed water bottle idea? You carefully remove the label from a water bottle. Use an exacto knife to puncture the bottle where the label will go. Drain out the water and cut all the way around the bottle. Leave it to dry well. Put the water fat quarter in the bottle, connect the bottle with clear package tape and reapply the label over the slit.
    Great idea
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Individually wrapped Eyeglass wipes. You can buy them by the box at Walmart in their prescription eyeglass dept at the front of the store. I clean my glasses daily and then i wipe down my Ipad and Iphone. Indispensable! I carry them in my car, purse, suitcase, etc.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Purse size kleenex, I never have one when I need it!

cjr
    Purse size tissue holders with tissues in them. Fast & easy to make. Always welcome
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast