Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
rolling tote bag for emb. machine ? >

rolling tote bag for emb. machine ?

rolling tote bag for emb. machine ?

Old 01-19-2017, 09:14 AM

Default rolling tote bag for emb. machine ?

For you Janome 350e machine owners, what kind of rolling tote bag do you have? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:43 PM

I don't have that machine, but I made my own rolling embroidery machine bag. I used a folding hand truck and made a bag that would fit on it. I made a flap on the back that would Velcro around the cross member of the hand truck. And I made a separate strap like the ones you put on a suitcase to keep it from falling open that I put around top to bottom to help hold it on the hand truck.
The benefit of the hand truck is that it has bigger wheels to travel on uneven surfaces or up/down stairs vs the purchased rolling tote bags. It also means I can put my machine/bag on the seat and use the seatbelt to hold it safely and fold the hand truck and put it on the floor.
If you want more info, PM me.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:29 AM

Default rolling machine bag

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
I don't have that machine, but I made my own rolling embroidery machine bag. I used a folding hand truck and made a bag that would fit on it. I made a flap on the back that would Velcro around the cross member of the hand truck. And I made a separate strap like the ones you put on a suitcase to keep it from falling open that I put around top to bottom to help hold it on the hand truck.
The benefit of the hand truck is that it has bigger wheels to travel on uneven surfaces or up/down stairs vs the purchased rolling tote bags. It also means I can put my machine/bag on the seat and use the seatbelt to hold it safely and fold the hand truck and put it on the floor.
If you want more info, PM me.
You should put some pictures of your rolling tote bad on here. Sounds very interesting. Definitely very creative!
Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing this, too!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:56 PM

I was too quick on the reading and responding, my bag doesn't accommodate the embroidery components. Those I carry in a large flat mat/craft carrying bag that has a shoulder strap as well as regular short straps.
If there is interest in the bag I did make I'll hunt up the pictures.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:33 PM

I am not familiar with that exact machine. I have a Janome 6600. I love my Tutto rolling bag. Everyone I know who has one loves them. Lots of pockets, and room. They will fold flat for storage. It was worth every penny I paid for it. I looked at them for several years before I purchased it. They come in lots of pretty colors and several different sizes. None of the stores around here carry them I got mine online. If you know someone with an account with Checkers Distributors they are cheapest there.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:34 AM

You can get them most places. For my kemore/janome, I bought one from Joann's, for my Viking I got one from the dealer. Make sure your machine fits and you should be good to go.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:38 PM

I have that machine but don't carry it anywhere, however I have a Featherweight that I carry to my quilt meeting once a month. My son (for Christmas) gave me a Stanley tool box that has 3 separate compartments. He measured my machine and went to Home Depot and found it. The bottom which has the wheels holds the machine. The 2nd compartment is about 2" thick and has lots of compartment that I carry my tools in. The top is another box close to the bottom one that I put my rulers, iron, fabric and anything else I need to work with. It really does work great!!!! Best gift I've ever received.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:53 PM

I have a hard time uploading pictures but found the exact tool box that I have on the internet. It is called Stanley STST18613 3 in 1 Rolling Work Shop and cost around $50. I absolutely love it.