Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roses

Blog Entries
    Anyone know about roses. I was given a lovely miniture yellow rose bush, a month ago. Now the roses are white with red around the outside edge of petals. Am I suppossed to feed it something.

There is a fertilizer for roses & I believe roses like coffee grounds. Have you planted the bush outside? I have not had luck in growing the small rose bushes indoors.

What was the name of the rose?

were you told it was a yellow rose? or did it actually have yellow flowers on it when you were given the rose?
    there are a couple beautiful varieties of red rimmed white roses.
    i love roses- have fairy roses, climbing roses, antique roses...
    roses need food
    and do best planted outside- in the sun- not in a pot.
    i feed my roses every 2 weeks through the growing season.

I have beautiful roses growing in and out of pots, but to answer your question about why your rose is white, sometimes hybrids revert to the stock roses they were created with.

My mother loves the mini roses, and keeps them on her sunny MT windowsill all winter. I don't think she does anything special, but the color change is surprising. You might ask at a local nursery, or contact the supplier if there is a tag in the pot.

Roses will change - I have never gotten a miniature survive so finally gave up and decided to stick with the larger versions.

Blog Entries
    Add some Epsom Salts to it. This is a magnesium supplement and not a sodium. I put them on every green thing around, veggies and fruits and citrus and grass and shrubs.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I will try the epsom salt.No name on it. It was just covered with tiny yellow roses when I got it, Within a week they faded to white with red tinge. It was in a pot on my patio, have since planted in the garden. Will make sure to protect in winter.

Every once in a while I throw a banana peel on the ground beside my roses, my husband would just look at me. Now he loves showing off how much they have grown and how pretty they are. I was told once by a elderly lady that's what she did to hers, she said it was the potassium in the bananas. Whatever it is my roses love them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast