Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ruffled scarf

ruffled scarf

picked up some sashay by red heart have watched the videos and they say size 6 needles on the pattern on the yarn i bought it says 9
    which should i use
    thanks gale

The yarn I bought says to use size 6 and the pattern I found online says to use a size 6, also.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Power Poster
    My daughter used the yarn for the ruffled scarf but found a video on how to crochet it. She made one up in an hour.

i watched the instrutions for the red heart and the instuctions for scarbella are a little different
    one skips every other hole and one leaves a 4 inch tail as the other starts at the beginning and knits
    guess i`ll give it a go and see how it turns out
    Thanks Gale

I don't think the size of needles is critical as this project does not have a guage. You are basically knitting already established holes. I used size 9 when I made some for Christmas. I made 3 short scarves using 10 stitches instead of 6 for my little grandgirls & I made 3 long scarves using 6 stitches for my older granddaughter & my two daughters. They all loved them ! Each scarf took me about 3 hrs to knit.

Right, the needle size doesn't matter on these. i prefer a larger needle like 11 so i can see the loops better. Also, if you have trouble with the yarn falling off the needles, try using a circular. I can put mine down for a few minutes and not worry about the loose stitches falling off.

Blog Entries
    The skein I have says size 9.

Blog Entries
    oh, show pics when done please. a friend at my weekly card game got a lovely ruffled crochet looking scarf for Xmas.

I don't think it matters. You don't put any tension by pulling on the yarn. I used a 6 my friend used an 8 and they both look the same.

gram33-your mention of "sashay" made me look twice--I haven't heard that term in years & years since my gramma passed away!! She always said she was sashaying when I would call & ask her what she was doing---thanks for the very nice memory!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast