Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rug Hooking

Unhappy Rug Hooking

I took a class on rug hooking a while back,using a punch needle ad wool yarn. I bought the needle. At the end of class I bought all the yarn I would need for my project. A few months later I went back to the project and had a heck of a time finishing it. Backing was monks cloth and it was on a frame. I checked the wool yarn and it wasn't all wool, 85% wool. Now I amleft with all this yarn. Teacher is no longer around. Can I use this yarn for rug hooking and buy a regular rug hooking needle? Also what wouldbe the best needle to buy? I don't want to buy an expensive one since this is new to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Can you search online for rug hooking videos and information?
    It's been so many years since i'v done this i have no more memory of it all!
    Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I use to do rug hooking years ago. You need a rug hooking tool, not a needle. Doubt I could describe it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I did rug hooking in the 70's. Sorry don't remember much other than the marked grid and hooking tool, never used a frame except for the wallhangings. Most ended up as rugs, way too addictive at the time.