Sad and interesting day

Old 07-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned

Got to work today to overhear and then find out for sure, that my dept manager's father died last night. He had had surgery for stomach cancer on June 24th, and was doing better. Then he got pneumonia complicated by stitches that tore and the poisons went everywhere. Keep my mgr -Kimmy, in your prayers.

Then at lunch time I found out that the new hire I was training got fired for stealing! She had only worked there about a week, but seems she'd been stealing since day one. Mgmt kept taking her to work in other departments so I really didn't get much time to really train her in my dept. But ---- now she'd gone anyway. I feel bad for her 6 year old son. (Single mom). Keep her in your prayers.

Besides all that --- my day was really busy!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Then at lunch time I found out that the new hire I was training got fired for stealing! She had only worked there about a week, but seems she'd been stealing since day one. Mgmt kept taking her to work in other departments so I really didn't get much time to really train her in my dept. But ---- now she'd gone anyway. I feel bad for her 6 year old son. (Single mom). Keep her in your prayers.

Just wonder how bad things are for her that she would have to steal. So sad. Also, sad day for Kimmy.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:33 PM

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

There is no excuse for stealing, she would have been able to get more things with a steady job. Just would have had to pay for them, like the rest of us.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:34 PM

They just don't how many eyes are watching you.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by texas granny
They just don't how many eyes are watching you.
Considering how many many many cameras we have! Maybe she thought they were just for looks! She found out they were ----looking at her!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Google Goddess

wow, I hope you have a better day
Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I'll keep your manager and family in my thoughts and prayers. I'll do the same for your new hire. Maybe this will be the wake up call to straighten her up. Sometimes that is what people need.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Hugs, hope tomarrow is better.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Got to work today to overhear and then find out for sure, that my dept manager's father died last night. He had had surgery for stomach cancer on June 24th, and was doing better. Then he got pneumonia complicated by stitches that tore and the poisons went everywhere. Keep my mgr -Kimmy, in your prayers.

Besides all that --- my day was really busy!
Wow...sorry to hear about your bad day. :(

When I got to work on Friday I found out that one of the ladies that worked in our cafeteria came in through the ER DOA. She had just had minor knee surgery on Tuesday and had come through my dept. (I work in Recovery Room.) She was doing well after surgery and went home the same day. Was only 45 years old. So sad...she will be missed. :-(