Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Sad!!

You can find full-spectrum light bulbs in Lowe's and Home Depot as well as many other home center and grocery stores. My husband has issues with the dark seasons, and has had surgery for several rounds of skin cancer so he has to stay out of the sun and the fs light bulbs realy help. We've put them in all of our light fixtures and lamps and I noticed I'm feeling better myself.

Blog Entries
    Another thing to add in is Nadh. I take Enada Nadh, the most stable form. This is a Vitamin B-3 coenzyme that is essential for energy and tends to lift mood and normalize sleep patterns. It needs to be taken as soon as you get up, with a glass of water, and nothing else for 30 minutes. It makes a huge difference for me. If you Google it, you should find quite a bit of info. There are no negative side effects (except possibly to the pocketbook!). I get mine from Vitacost and take 5mg every morning. (Many people take 10mg daily.)

Would an Ott light work? I have used full spectrum light bulbs that I purchased at a health food store. I have taken Vit D and it has helped. I have large dining room windows - that is largely why I bought the house I live in.

Blog Entries
    My understanding is that the light used to treat S.A.D. needs to be not only the right type, but also of sufficient intensity. Because the intensity in light boxes is very high (so you only need to be in front of it for 20 to 30 minutes), you need to be sure it is shielded for UV so it doesn't damage eyes. Here is a Mayo Clinic article on selecting a light box:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sea...SECTIONGROUP=2

Kas
    At least 10,000 lux.
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Costco carries them.
    sewellie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    My understanding is that the light used to treat S.A.D. needs to be not only the right type, but also of sufficient intensity. Because the intensity in light boxes is very high (so you only need to be in front of it for 20 to 30 minutes), you need to be sure it is shielded for UV so it doesn't damage eyes. Here is a Mayo Clinic article on selecting a light box:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sea...SECTIONGROUP=2
    Thanks for the article! I have saved it for reference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3