Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Saw My First CHRISTMAS Commercial >

Saw My First CHRISTMAS Commercial

Saw My First CHRISTMAS Commercial

Old 09-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

i was in sams end of aug they had xmas trees paper etc. cant we just get through summer!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 PM

Our Loews store currently has Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations on their shelves. Also, it was in the high 90's here this week and they set up their display of electric fireplaces. My family laughed when I bought one. LOL
Old 09-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

Thanksgiving is ignored because it is only one day and the stores don't make much money off of it.
Money is all they (stores) care about.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

isn't it a shame that stores are open on Thanksgiving. It should be a national HOLIDAY.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
Then they wonder why sales don't meet expectations. They have marketed the holidays to death and they are no longer special - just another day.
Sparkys mom is so CORRECT !! But I LOVE the deals for shopping the day after Thanksgiving!!

Shop til you drop !!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Lynnie, I totally agree with you that stores should not be open on Thanksgiving. To me the only stores that should be open are pharmacies with a pharmacist working. For a long time I would boycott K-Mart because they were the first retail store to be open on Thanksgiving. It was to beat the rush of Black Friday. Makes me crazy. They would say that not everyone is Christian so people want something or somewhere to go. But Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July are 2 American Holidays totally unrelated to religion. (There are others I would include but will stop at those 2.)

My DH & DD both LOVE Christmas - so our tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and is up until at least New Year's Day, And there is a music channel called "Sounds of the Season" which starts Christmas music on November 1st and yes it is on at our house from 11/1 to when it stops some time in January. At first I was kind of crazy but now look at it as additional thoughts of the reason for the season.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

MY Dh is Jewish and Haunnaka was the day after Thanksgiving last year.. we celebrate everything with a white tree and Aqua ornaments. you wouldn't believe all the pretty things I have for the tree in aqua. Unbelievable. Even little 6 pointed stars.
If people need something to do on Thanksgiving and have to spend money, stay home and do it off of tv. Give these family's a break too so everyone can be around the table for the turkey.