Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Saw some photo opts today... got the camera...here they are...leaves and a rainbow... >

Saw some photo opts today... got the camera...here they are...leaves and a rainbow...

Saw some photo opts today... got the camera...here they are...leaves and a rainbow...

Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 PM

i love your photos, Karla. do you show professionally?

do you spell your name with a K or a C?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:18 PM

butterflywing--no, I don't show. My principal keeps trying to talk me into doing something, but I told him I'd have to quit my day job to find time. :wink: I do wish I could do something... calendars are too expensive to make--they'd cost a buyer way too much. Notecards would be reasonable, but not to ship anywhere.... so, I just share them with all of you.

I did have a business at least 15 years ago...I had the idea to take pictures of kids in their home so parents wouldn't have to drag them out. I did several senior portraits--all the kids came here because we had some good backgrounds. I only did it around Christmas time and only for a few years, and it was enough to pay for Christmas...but it was very limited--I would never have done a wedding--nothing I couldn't redo. I didn't have enough experience or confidence.

I'm with a K! :wink:
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
butterflywing--no, I don't show. My principal keeps trying to talk me into doing something, but I told him I'd have to quit my day job to find time. :wink: I do wish I could do something... calendars are too expensive to make--they'd cost a buyer way too much. Notecards would be reasonable, but not to ship anywhere.... so, I just share them with all of you.

I did have a business at least 15 years ago...I had the idea to take pictures of kids in their home so parents wouldn't have to drag them out. I did several senior portraits--all the kids came here because we had some good backgrounds. I only did it around Christmas time and only for a few years, and it was enough to pay for Christmas...but it was very limited--I would never have done a wedding--nothing I couldn't redo. I didn't have enough experience or confidence.

I'm with a K! :wink:
i know you're in a tourist area (well,somewhat) so i was actually thinking of art photos of nature. they could go into a gallery nearby, maybe.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 PM

Thank you so much for your beautiful photos! You capture nature so well!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Lovely! I love the pictures!! :)
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Oooooooohhhhh! :D
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Beautiful Karla, as always. I'm now singing 'Some-wheeere, over the raaaiiiinbow, wayyy uppp highghgh!' Luck for you, you can't hear me! :shock: :lol:
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 AM

Love the bokeh effect on the second leaf photo. Nice!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Banned

Oh, I love the fir tree and the rainbow! More great pix from Karla! Thank you my dear, you always brighten my day!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 AM

Beautiful.