Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Saw this and thought of you guys!

Blog Entries
    One of my uncles was wounded in WW2. While he was in the hospital, a RC worker offered him paper & a pencil, with which to write home. Now, if someone handed me a pencil and did not mention that it was going to cost me something, then I would think it was free. Well, that's not what happened -- after my uncle wrote the letter, the RC worker then charged him for the pencil. Obviously, the pencil's cost was very small, so that was not the issue. it was the way the RC charged after the fact that was the problem.
    Bev in TX

and yet, I just read an article about a woman who was in Holland during the Nazi occupation, when the general population was reduced to eating grass, because they were starving, and the Red Cross air-dropped supplies so they could stay alive.

Blog Entries
    Makes you wonder if they only charge Americans, or, maybe they sent a bill to the officials in Holland. Either way, they have proven they are NOT what they claim to be!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5