Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Searching for lemon tree

Blog Entries

Searching for lemon tree

I want to find a lemon tree to plant in my yard. The kind I am looking for has very thin smooth peeling and has sweeter tasting juice. The lemon is almost round and they are small. I asked at the nursery and they didn't know. I see them in yards around the area. Does anyone know what kind of lemon this is?

Blog Entries
    I have one in my back yard, it is called a "Meyer" lemon. Love them. They are so fragrant and nice. We freeze the juice into cubes and use them for lemonade and in recipes all year. Good luck. You will love the lemons!!
    Roberta

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Roberta, for the information. I found a Meyer lemon tree and got hubby to plant it. I love lemons. Guess it will be a little while before I am eating them though. :-)

Blog Entries
    Meyer lemons are believed to have been cross-pollinated with tangerines, which is why they're sweeter and rounder. My MIL has a tree in her yard in Sacramento, and my favorite time of year to visit her is when it's in bloom. The scent is absolutely heavenly!