Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling A House

Blog Entries
    I've been seeing houses for sale, adv on line or in the newspaper.It gives basic info,along with a few pics.
    Then a few days later it says have your best bid in by 5pm today.You don't see that property again,so have no idea what it sold for.This just something new to us,never saw property sold in that way.
    They are not re pos...or at least,not mentioned in the adv.Does anyone know what this is called? Want to find out for a friends DS who will be looking to buy 1st house in the Spring.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Never heard of that. I'll be watching the post.

I don't know, but the selling price is a matter of public record.

If you're curious about the selling price, you can check it in a couple of ways. Several counties have their PVA online so you can look up information about various houses. This normally includes date of last sale and the selling price. Also, the newspaper by me includes property transfers in the public records section on a regular basis (I think maybe once a week?) and it includes the address, name of seller, name of buyer, and the recorded selling price.

Try doing a search for the address sometimes that will bring up the sale. Almost sounds like they are short sales and those take awhile to show up. The banks can take up to 6 months to decide which offer they are going to take so you won't see a sale price until it's actually sold.

Find a Real Estate Agent to help you. They have all the current listings and sales and what they sold for. You can also go to the website for "Help U Sell" and those are for sale by owner.

Banned
    Houses being sold like that are auctions. We have a number of realtor clients that handle this type of sales.

Blog Entries
    they might be short sales. but after the property closes, you should be able to find out the sales price. if enough time passes, you can often find the sales price in the tax records... at least for some counties.

Blog Entries
    Not sure, but sounds like the houses are being sold at auction to me- I'm not a realtor, tho!

Blog Entries
    i've seen newspaper listings on houses sold with all the info.

We have a lot of houses selling here by Deadline Sale. You have to have all offers in by the deadline, and the seller than chooses the best one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast