September weight loss 2015

Old 09-01-2015, 04:41 PM

I walk most mornings right now and my partner in crime is .....a short little friend named "Shasta". She walks mostly off leash and stays within 5 feet of my left side. She is a 5 year old Blue Heeler/Sheltie mix and weighs about 27lbs...the vet wants her to lose 3lbs, so I have 10/1 on her. haha!
Attached Thumbnails shasta1.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 05:24 PM

I try to walk most mornings. Sometimes it's only a mile (sometimes 2-3) but I feel like it gets my metabolism going for the day. I have a friend/neighbor who I love to walk with but our schedules don't work out very often. The heat really does me in. If it's in the 80's, no way can I walk. I like to walk both in the morning and in the evening. My goal is 5 miles a day but I only make that about once a week. During the winter I have several exercise videos that I do.
I am trying to not eat past 8 pm. I've been doing pretty well with that.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by crafty-kid View Post
I walk most mornings right now and my partner in crime is .....a short little friend named "Shasta". She walks mostly off leash and stays within 5 feet of my left side. She is a 5 year old Blue Heeler/Sheltie mix and weighs about 27lbs...the vet wants her to lose 3lbs, so I have 10/1 on her. haha!
Aaahhh I love Shasta. What a beautiful girl!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:50 AM

Anna...Thanks, she's a keeper!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:14 PM

What a darling walking partner! My Heeler mix was very loving and loyal after she was civilized.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:33 PM

Checking in! Didn't check in yesterday so posting yesterday and todays activity. Both days I did good, definitely need to drink more water.

9/1
Workout: P90X3 Eccentric Upper
Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with PB2
Lunch: Hard boiled egg, almonds, yogurt
Dinner: Chicken Fiesta Soup with Salad
Snack: popcorn

9/2
Workout: T25 Cardio
Breakfast: Shakeology
Lunch: Vegi Omlette
Dinner: Cobb Salad
Old 09-02-2015, 07:21 PM

I received FQ from Lynne and Judy today.
I didn't get in any exercise aftr school today. Too lazy. Both of my kids at school were off today. The kindergarderners had to take a state mandated standardized test. OMG what a mess. The kids had never been to the computer lab yet this year. A lot of them aparently have never seen a computer mouse. They had no idea what to do. They have to click on a picture of a speaker to hear the question. then click on the answer the click next to get to the next question. Some things they had to drag the answer into a box. They had no idea of how to do it. Even the student who is really smart didn't know what to do. The results will be so inaccurate. My autistic 2nd grader was just really out of it today. I ended up going for several walks with both students to calm them. 8000 steps at school. It is going to be really hot for the rest of the week. The kids are just so dead in the afternoon.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:44 PM

I didn't get to walk this morning because of rain. Rained until late afternoon. We got over 3 inches. Thought I would walk this evening but my DD's family came over. DGD has been sick with a cold for a couple of weeks and now it has settled in her lungs. Dr thinks it is pneumonia but they didn't x-ray her chest to find out for sure. Poor thing. She wanted to come to gramma's house so I said ok. We went out for dinner and then went to their house. So much for going for a walk and working on a quilt this evening. I did 3 burpees a few minutes ago and can't believe how out of shape I am. Last summer I was doing them every day. Ugh!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:07 AM

Wondering if anyone ever rewards themselves with something? Either when they make another goal or at the end of a week/month? Also are you trying to stick to a program? If so, do you have a cheat day or a day you know you won't stick to the goal? How do you keep it somewhat normal?
Old 09-03-2015, 12:25 PM

Teri, I have always had a problem with rewards. If I want something, I usually have the means to get it. I'm too cheap to reward myself with a spa day. Even rewarding myself with a 'sew all day' gift doesn't motivate me. We are on a fixed income, so there is never any extra.

Amanda, I'm impressed that you are doing P90X3. I graduated from P90X a few years back. I got tired of such long workouts.

Pat, thanks for letting me know you got my FQs. I started the month strong but gained it all back - so I am starting again!