Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Serious Harry Potter Fans only >

Serious Harry Potter Fans only

Serious Harry Potter Fans only

Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM

I was so proud of myself. (That was my first mistake.)
All 4 kids are serious Potter fans. 2 weeks ago I saw the previews to the new movie and had to tell my kids. I told my daughter (24, English major) who was heading to New York to see it at the midnight show opening night. (The other 3 saw it in our town opening night.)
Anyway, after seeing the previews I said to her." Jess, you have to tell your friends in NY, I just saw the previews and it looks great. The guy that doesn't really have a face had a bunch of people who looked scary behind him dressed all in dark and they were throwing fire at that castle place. It looked really neat." She chuckled at me and left the room.
The next day she says to me, "Mom, I told all my friends in NY what you said." I said, "Oh great. Are they excited to see it? Tonight's opening night" She said, "Yeah, we're all excite to see it, but that's not what I told them. I told them how you described how Voldemort and the death eaters were throwing fire balls at Hogwarts castle during the final battle."

Hey..., I tried!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM

ROFLOL... that's a great story! Have you seen the movie yet?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

LOL!! I probably would have described as you did. Well, I did know the names. My daughter went opening night. My other daughter and DH went the next day.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 PM

no, I only saw the first 3 and then bits and pieces of all the others. I plan on seeing all of them once this one is out. We will have a family Harry Potter movie marathon day. Lots of food and lots of movie watching!

Here's a photo of Jess. She made this outfit except for the white button up shirt and tie. She went as Hermione for the 1st two movies and had many kids ask for photos of her. She went as other characters for the other movies. I told you my kids are serious Potter fans. We have had 4 Big Harry Potter parties so far. Another one in the making for saying good-bye. I'll send photos of the parties soon.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232185.jpe  
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM

Lovetosewstudio - I think you might be a muggle. LOL
I Love Harry Potter. I'm 54. I bought all the books, read the 2nd book in 3 days (700+ pages I think or maybe I have that confused with #3?) then passed them on to my daughter who was 30 when she started reading them. I'm getting ready to start with movie #1 on Blu Ray and watch all 6 that are out. Then on to the final 2 episodes.When I think of the all mighty powerful wizard I think of Dumbledore not Merlin. LOL
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 PM

That is so funny!!! I am a pretty serious fan, along with my kids who are 22 & 20. But they remember all of the little details, which I do not. My daughter & I went last night & watched it in 3D. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Love Harry Potter movies. Saw the final one in a double feature (they showed the first half at 9:00PM) at midnight at our local theatre.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:50 PM

And to think this never would have come to pass if the author had listened to the first few publishing companies she sent the first book to!!! Most of them told her it was too involved, had too many big, strange words and kids nowadays "Wanted to read about other kids like themselves"!!!!!!!!
I remember being in Costco when one of them came out, there was a pile of them up to my shoulders and about 8 feet long. One little guy who must have been about 8 years old had his copy clutched to his nonexistent chest, just daring anyone to grab it from him.
Now the author is a zillionair, and I'll bet her first husband, who dumped her and the kid so she had to live on welfare and write in coffee shops, probably to keep warm, every now and then breaks his leg kicking himself in the rear end when he needs money for something!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Too, funny :-) I am currently re listening to the entire series on audiobook. I did get to the final movie- in 3-D at the IMAX. I am 45 and both of my children are adults. I love the story!