Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sewing/Embroidery Machines - Which one?? >

Sewing/Embroidery Machines - Which one??

Sewing/Embroidery Machines - Which one??

Old 11-06-2016, 10:14 AM

I would take both and decide after using them. My DIL has two Brothers and loves them. A friend has a Brother and some other expensive brand and says the Brother is best.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:34 AM

I have 3 Designer 1. I love mine. But I tend to agree, take them both.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:15 AM

Take them both, use them and then decide which one you like best. Keep the other one to use when one is in the shop or set it up to take to classes.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by dms93877
I have a D1 and love it. I also have a diamond and love that. You won't be sorry.
I also have both and love them I don't embroider with my Designer 1 anymore, but it sews fabulous!
Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 AM

If it were me I would prefer the Husqvarna Viking, it is a a good machine, I have the Husqvarna Diamond Royale and is a great machine. But bot are good, if you can get both take them and use both and determine for yourself which one you prefer. Which was Her favorite. Might be good to know and maybe you might find out why and help with your decision. Joy
Old 11-07-2016, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I had my Viking Designer1 for 16 years with little trouble. If its the floppy disk one you'll have issues finding designs to use for embroidery. As to regular sewing, I used mine strictly for piecing as it has the pivot with the foot which I loved. When I took her in for her annual cleaning I went to piece with my Babylock and boy did I miss the "pivot" but I finally got used to it. My Designer1 never came home sadly as I traded her in for their fairly new EPIC machine. Stupidly I took a class on the EPIC and fell in love with it. They gave me such a great trade-in deal I couldn't pass it up so now someone else will get to sew on her one of these days. Luckily most of my extra hoops and feet will work on the EPIC so not a total loss on my end. As to the floppy disk designs I had for her I'm slowly transferring them onto my PC using an external floppy drive I have.
I love the Epic, but at this time in my life I have decided no more new machines, I guess I will just keep my Diamond Royale. The Epic is awesome, congratulations on your purchase.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:05 PM

I have a Designer 1 and love it. Also have a Designer Diamond and love it. My dealer had a terrific price on the EPIC and I came home with it. They are all great machines. Never had a problem with the Designer 1 or the Designer Diamond. Today I took my first class with the EPIC and I'm going to love it. Get both of them, use them and decide which one you like the most.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:57 PM

I believe I've been overwhelmingly convinced to take both! Thanks, all!