Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Room Elves

I am not sure if mine made the move with me or not, but I think some of the messier ones did. In fact now that I think about it, all the ones at the old house did was mess things up and hide things from me, and now I think they have switched the boxes that I packed things in as I can't find anything and I know I packed it this or that box! Don't know if I will ever get it all organized or not, and the room I claimed for a sewing room has shrunk to an unbelievably small size all of a sudden. I don't understand why. There was plenty of room when I started moving, and now I am scrambling for space, don't know where I am going to put it all! I just don't understand how these things happen!

I had a very helpful elf last weekend. I moved 2 weeks ago. DD elf was here Sat. to help unpack and organize stash and books/magazines--still have to unpack and organize all the notions/rest of the stuff but my elf gave me a big start.

Blog Entries
    OOOh,
    I know where they are.

They all moved into my house,
    they sit all day and watch TV,

and I cannot get them to do a darn thing.

Just totally useless.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Senior Member oldtnquiltinglady's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MaryMo, maybe soon I'll learn how to do the "quote" thing, but in the meantime, I loved your statement, and think it should be put on "utube"--so very appropriate right now.....Love it.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Come to think of it....mine seem to have over-extended their vacation!

I'm afraid my sewing room elves are full of mischief and no matter how carefully I try to keep projects together, they manage to mess things up.

As a matter of fact....they came and made a huge mess in mine on top of my mess!!
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Our kids and our 2 granddaughters just moved into their own house. I get to turn the nursery back into a sewing room! They have been with us since April, so I miss have the girls here, but I love having my house back! I really need those elves to come and help me.

Blog Entries
    I saw my elves down by the beach one day last week. They were out in a sailboat fishing. They waved at me. I wonder, was that a "good bye" wave? Or an "I'll see you later" wave? Or, and this is what I thought, was it a "stuff it in yer nose" wave? They hid some really important sewing items on their way out the door. I hope they enjoy themselves. NOT!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Seems like all mine do lately is stack up the fabrics for me to put away. I am gonna have to have a talk with them!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast