Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sewing SOS - lycra tableclothes >

Sewing SOS - lycra tableclothes

Sewing SOS - lycra tableclothes

Old 06-26-2013, 02:12 AM

Lycra??? I wouldn't have thought it would be thick enough to protect the table. Using lycra as a table cloth. Why???
Old 06-29-2013, 08:52 PM

Thanks for all the help! These tablecloths are for a pool party to be used again and again. Not to protect the table but just for the splashes of colour. She is renting the tables and I can't find anyone with a sixty inch table to use for a prototype. This is not going to be any fun
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Power Poster

60 inches round tables! Does the fabric even come that wide? You are right, not fun!
I did have a thought though, how about instead of a running elastic all around.....how about attaching little loops of ribbon all around the edges? You could then run matching cording through the ribbon loops to gather it under the table edge. That way you could just make the circle a little oversized and not have to worry about the "fit" because they can be pulled in with the cord as much as you wanted.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
60 inches round tables! Does the fabric even come that wide? You are right, not fun!
I did have a thought though, how about instead of a running elastic all around.....how about attaching little loops of ribbon all around the edges? You could then run matching cording through the ribbon loops to gather it under the table edge. That way you could just make the circle a little oversized and not have to worry about the "fit" because they can be pulled in with the cord as much as you wanted.
EXCELLENT!!! suggestion. I love this idea! Might even steal it someday! Tartan, you offer an easy solution for the elastic, AND the fabric width problem.