Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A sewing weekend

A sewing weekend

My 9 year old DGD asked to come spend a weekend with me and sew all weekend. She loves to sew and that is what we did. We made a quilt top and American girl doll clothes and "broideried" a tee shirt for her! No boys allowed....just girls for our sewing weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    What a fun time! I hope I have the patience to do this with my little grandaughters! Darling outfits and beautiful girl!

Such a cutie . . . and fantastic doll clothes and quilt!!! Would I be right, in guessing she also loves monkeys? LOL My 9.5 yo DGD is a big fan of monkeys, too!

Oooops! Just realized my DGD is ALMOST 9.5! Not quite there, yet! LOL
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

That is great! I can only hope I have a DGD someday (neither of my kids is married yet) and that she wants to sew with me. I am so happy for you!

she looks happy ...must have had a good time.

Gee lucky you. I only have boys. (14 and 3) I have made them quilts and they love them - but - No girls, no doll clothes and no doll quilts.
    Love to quilt

Gloria C

MEMORIES!! And it appears your DGD had a wonderful time!!
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

What a super fun weekend... great memories for both of you! Not to mention dolly clothes (I still have doll clothes my Grandmother made for me back in the Stone Age) & that darling quilt (where did you find that precious monkey fabric? LOVE IT!). You two must have a really special relationship if she asks to come spend time with you.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Wonderful!! Such precious times to fill each of your hearts.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Thank you all so much! It was a wonderful weekend! The monkey fabric is by Robert Kauffman brom the Urban Zoologie line. It seemed to tie the blocks all together and Yes, she does like monkeys. We are putting it on the back too. She wanted a small quilt to take to football games in the fall to keep her legs warm when she's watching her brothers play. She wants to come again and I can't wait until she does!

The zipper on the pink doll jacket is really a 6 inch separating zipper I found in my Home Sew catalog. It really works and she is thrilled to have a jacket for her doll.
    Last edited by maryb119; 06-26-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast