Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Shark Floor Steamer Cleaner (#%$#@#)

Has anyone had the Shark Floor Steamer? This is my third in 2 years. THey are only lasting me 4-6 months and that is using it once a week or less. I have someone come in and wash my floors for me and she got one when I got my first and she is still using hers. I have only used filtered water. What gives with the shark products. This steamer is quite light so that I can use it when I have to. THis just sucks!!!!! My last one died yesterday and only 5 months old.

Blog Entries
    There is a difference between filtered water and distilled water... could this be the problem? :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Returned my Shark iron last week after only 2 weeks-leaked terribly. I won't buy Shark anything again. I was wanting the floor steamer (I HATE my Swifter!), now I'll look for something else. I am going to check with Consumer Reports for ratings.

I bought a Shark, and returned it within 45 min. I tried to clean my kitchen floor, and steamed one section for nearly 10 minutes! I would love to have it work; it just didn't.

Blog Entries
    You might want to look for a different brand of floor steamer; there are tons. Start with Amazon and see what the comments are on them. They come in many different levels of quality in terms of how much moisture is in the steam, what the pressure is, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    You might want to look for a different brand of floor steamer; there are tons. Start with Amazon and see what the comments are on them. They come in many different levels of quality in terms of how much moisture is in the steam, what the pressure is, etc.
    That is what I do now - when I bought my sewing machine and researching irons too. Good prices most of the time and no sales tax or shipping!

I've been using my Shark cleaner for about a year on my porcelain tile floor & it does a great job. I even use regular tap water, but make sure to empty it after each use.

I usually mop the "old fashioned way" first then use the shark, I do not think they will hold up for real heavy duty cleaning. I LOVE how clean my floor feels after I use mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    I usually mop the "old fashioned way" first then use the shark, I do not think they will hold up for real heavy duty cleaning. I LOVE how clean my floor feels after I use mine.
    raedar63, I love your avatar! He/she is soooo cute!

After doing lots of research on the steam cleaners I bought a Bissel. It is great. Good luch on your next purchas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast