Sharpening Rotory Blades

Old 04-08-2016, 03:06 AM
Power Poster

I had a professional that business is to sharpen tools and even he could not get the blade to be as sharp as a new blade.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Default Sharpening Rotary Blades

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson View Post
I read somewhere that you can sharpen your rotory blades by folding some heavy duty foil about nine times and then running your rotory blades back and forth until they are sharp gain. My friend uses the same method on her dressmaking scissors, she just cuts the foil a few times until the scissors become sharp.

Has anyone heard or tried this, nothing to loose if your blades are no longer sharp!

Hello from Texas. I have used this method many times. The blades are sharp but they don't last very long. You will have to sharpen then again. A lot depends on the fabric you cut and thickness. Using the aluminum foil beats buying many blades. I purchase blades online in bulk, 10 per pack (sometimes more). Enjoy using foil to extend the length of using your blades. By the way, have you removed the blade from the cutter and turned the blade over then installing it back into the cutter? This also works. God bless you.